• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Better buy now since Highbridge area property could become the Bitcoin of 2022. ;)

Well now I have to buy a few!

Note, there is now a third 1.9 acre lot at $15k. Looks like several folks who own the small lots bordering the courses are all looking to cash out at the same time.

Well now I have to buy a few!

Note, there is now a third 1.9 acre lot at $15k. Looks like several folks who own the small lots bordering the courses are all looking to cash out at the same time.
Think JJ might have tipped them off that now would be a good time to sell?

IF the first lot sold for the asking price of $11k (and I don't know if it did) that might have gotten some of the other owners thinking this was a good time to do a little fishing for buyers.

I think property next to a disc golf course would be worth less than other property in the area.
I'm an avid player and I would not want a course neighboring my land.

But other people would think it is worth more. The value of land is not determined by the average of what everyone thinks it should be worth, it is determined by whoever places the highest value on it. So, having a disc golf course next door raises the value because it raises the value to someone.

The value of land is not determined by the average of what everyone thinks it should be worth, it is determined by whoever places the highest value on it. So, having a disc golf course next door raises the value because it raises the value to someone.

But it definitely reduces the number of potential buyers. I would bet that +90% of people looking for property do not want a piece of property next to a disc golf course. There is probably a percentage of people who believe that living next to a disc golf course is a positive thing and would pay extra for that property. The problem for the sellers will be finding one of those people.

Some people are probably also just don't care either way about the course being there. Real estate is hot right now, and the area of Wisconsin up by highbridge is always in demand. Those asking prices are right in line from other similar sized lots I've looked at up there.

I contacted the realtor, and now know that all four lots up for sale show JJ as the owner. It looks like three next to each other along Mile Road and one just below the main parking lot.

Highbridge Hills is officially open for play. The mild winter, coupled with low snow fall totals have led to an early spring situation on the hill. The courses are drying out very well. High winds have moved the process along. I'll try to keep the conditions updated on the course pages as the season progresses. We do keep our FB page updated frequently.

Heading up there this summer, and wanted to avoid any tournaments etc. Is there an updated event list?

Heading up there this summer, and wanted to avoid any tournaments etc. Is there an updated event list?

Yes, there will be an updated calendar of events on our website, and our FB page. Coming soon.

Other than the Highbridge Hills Open, and the Wisconsin Disc Golf Tour Finale, all tournaments this year will be played on one course at a time. So casual play will be open on the other courses. This should allow for casual and tournament golf to run concurrently at Highbridge Hills without conflict. Last fall, I was following the lead card on Granite Ridge, during the Fall Classic. You could here the sounds of casual players enjoying themselves on Woodland Greens and Blueberry Hill, while watching the leaders grind it out. Good stuff :)

Other than the Highbridge Hills Open, and the Wisconsin Disc Golf Tour Finale, all tournaments this year will be played on one course at a time. So casual play will be open on the other courses.

This is such a great complex! So cool to able to run tournaments and still have courses available for the public - and excellent courses too. I can't wait to head that way in early May for a tournament and to give The Bear a try for the first time!

Yearly plug for this place after a weekend on the hill.

Incredible golf, incredible views.

New stuff: Mach VII baskets on blueberry. Dual pins on the entirety of granite ridge, Mach VII in the longs. Believe there was always short and long pads but all are marked now. Prodigy baskets on bear, only a couple temps left which play great. Gold is the temporary 9 hole layout- this was the only course we didn't play but was able to play the full 18 last year and had my fill. Will be back for the redesign.

2nd year in a row and both times the place has been in fantastic shape. It's crazy that the small team can keep up with the massiveness of the complex but they keep up and more. Not only is the Highbridge you love playing better than ever, you see people who care about the place making improvements actively.

If you have been holding off checking it out, I can't recommend it enough.

WTG... Resurrect Highbridge, Kill A DGCR Thread!

Hard for me to believe that we're entering our fourth year on the hill, it seems like only yesterday that this mission was launched. I'll admit, it's been a very trying process at times. However, it's also been a very satisfying and rewarding endeavor. The rewards are more than monetary, for sure!

And quite honestly, this could not have been accomplished without the outpouring of help and support received from so many of the "friends of Highbridge Hills". You're the reason that I did this, and you're the reason that I do this. Thank you all so very much.

Goals for this year will be a focus on infrastructure. For the courses, the list includes signage, tee pad work, and walking path improvements, with a focus on all slopes and hills. Along with the always ongoing war against nasty rough.

For the hill, this means improving our existing camp sites, and completing and opening our new campsites. Installing camp sites with hookups. A shower house, and more rest room options on the courses. Rental cabins. Pro Shop and Snack Bar.

Really looking forward to a year of not having to scramble to change holes or carve new holes. New hole focus this year will be concentrated on our Chestnut Grove night course, and our "Tikiesque" course. Work on the new Gold back 9 holes, and the new Bear holes project will continue, but at our leisure. We have moved back the target completion date, to allow the focus on infrastructure this year.

I just want to say thanks again, to everyone who's helped make this impossible dream possible. Thank you for all of the help and the support. And I hope that everyone can find a way to visit us soon, see how we're doing, and enjoy the hill experience.

Finally, I want to take this opportunity to invite everyone who wants to attend a proper Highbridge Hills party, to check out our Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Jamboree. 4 days of disc golf, 3 nights of camping, and 3 nights of live music. Yeah Buddy!!!

Thanks. Tom

Latest posts