• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Higher Ratings in PDGA Sanctioned Leagues

If you take random samples of 7-10 propagators out of a pool of 50 propagators at an event, you'll see similar variation. That's why we combine multiple rounds on the same course to do league ratings if they use the same layout week to week.

So, am I hearing you right that at the end of the league when things become "official" a the same score on every round will be rated the same (assuming they are played on the same course/configuration)? Then, we will not see what we are observing here - that is good.

to the top for additional thoughts as a lot of leagues wrap up. i played a few rounds. mostly money well spent.

I produced an analysis for the PDGA league team last week based upon what we saw for the first 42 leagues that got ratings in August. They are digesting the report. We'll be discussing it and publish a report for the masses once we've decided if there are any changes needed either right away or by start of 2013.

Ive been coordinating leagues in Louisville, KY and Edwardsville, IN for the past 20+ weeks, the ratings are lower, generally that -25 ratings points .....I had lunch with Chuck awhile back and we discussed the ratings drop it makes sense...my players understand...local players on a local course, one round, less pressure, no second round to blow up or get revenge...
The singles league has been a great thing in our area with nearly 250+ rounds completed over the spring and summer so far.

I can see where the leagues dont benefit high rated players...no prizes...and they have to play great to improve their rating...But the leagues have been awesome for new players and those who dont get to spend whole days playing tournaments...I think it helps develop the true ratings of the regional scene

Last edited:
The PDGA leagues have been great fun here in Pittsburgh. And I don't care what my ratings are. Just fun to play with people in a slightly competitive environment.

The PDGA leagues have been great fun here in Pittsburgh. And I don't care what my ratings are. Just fun to play with people in a slightly competitive environment.

i still see this as the main (only?) advantage. i still dont understand what benefit it is to the player to pay to potentially increase their player rating.

Ive been coordinating leagues in Louisville, KY and Edwardsville, IN for the past 20+ weeks, the ratings are lower, generally that -25 ratings points .....I had lunch with Chuck awhile back and we discussed the ratings drop it makes sense...my players understand...local players on a local course, one round, less pressure, no second round to blow up or get revenge...
The singles league has been a great thing in our area with nearly 250+ rounds completed over the spring and summer so far.

I can see where the leagues dont benefit high rated players...no prizes...and they have to play great to improve their rating...But the leagues have been awesome for new players and those who dont get to spend whole days playing tournaments...I think it helps develop the true ratings of the regional scene
Through 29 weeks we're gonna log about 550 rounds. Ratings have been pretty well on target for us I'd say.

Latest posts