• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/27/2024: Jefferson Barracks - The Bunker Hole #11 Mehlville, MO

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Jefferson Barracks - The Bunker in Mehlville, MO

Pin A: 355 ft
Pin B: 550 ft
Pin C: 580 ft

"Hole 11. Very skinny tunnel to start off with that ends in a clearing 200 feet or so out. Your next shot turns left over the creek bed and past the cool-looking birch tree that hangs at a 60 degree angle and is barely hanging on to the edge of the bank. Upshot is a little further left into a little nook carved out for the pin. Avoid the creek bed at all costs on your first or second shot as the banks will provide crappy footing at best."

Tee
161493-18482e58.jpg

Mid-Fairway
161494-c9d95ee2.jpg

Basket
161495-43f02255.jpg

Tee Sign
202991-df9d6b84.jpg

Nice n easy stingray. Just trying to make the gap. After that, we'll see.

Excellent course and this is one of the most memorable holes. The times I've played it the basket has been in the B position and the creek has been mostly dry.

Roadrunner off the tee then Teebird to get a look at a putt.

I enjoyed this course quite a bit.

VIP Stag to start.

Probably a flare through the gap to start and then see what's left.

Now THAT is a muthaf*ckin disc golf hole. These are the ones I wish everyone would get to play in a lifetime, the ones I dream about my lines the night before the round.
I would throw everything, then probably go back and try something else. The first try would be a nice-n-easy RHBH Mako3 or Coyote to hit the gap, or at least not bounce far off a tree. 2nd shot would be an RHFH Sidewinder or something similar to try to drive up there without too much hyzer, then scramble with a Dart, then end up scoobing a Spider through an impossible gap to then miss the putt and take a 6 with a smile.

Definitely a highlight hole on what's easily one of, if not the hardest course in St. Louis. I usually try a River off the tee, and if I'm clear I'll power up to something like a heat or undertaker depending on the pin being used and what gaps I have. Usually though I'm pitching out of woods.

Pretty sure I threw an Insanity to hit the gap. I also remember throwing from the gully, which was fairly dry when we played. Cool hole on a fun course.

Throw a Roc or Comet/pray I have a look. I'm not making the pin, even in the A. Mostly by this time I'm panicking that my car has been stolen and I'm not focused on the golf, anyway.

Lucid Evader to start. Some putter to the A basket; probably a Star Roadrunner to the back positions. This looks like a lot of fun.

Throw a Roc or Comet/pray I have a look. I'm not making the pin, even in the A. Mostly by this time I'm panicking that my car has been stolen and I'm not focused on the golf, anyway.
I said this out loud while I was posting and my wife volunteered to drop me off next time and do some shopping in THE LOU while the Bunker kicks my ass so i don't have to worry about the car. I just want to publicly post somewhere that my wife is awesome.

Latest posts