• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole sponsorships?

halfbreed

We finally got a course approved for our town :D and we're wondering how others handle hole sponsorships. Lifetime sponsors? Renew every year or two? How much to sponsor a hole?

Funds we raise would be used to help with maintenance and tourneys/league.

Any info would be appreciated!

My thinking on a brand new course would be to try to solicit lifetime sponsors for an amount that would cover the cost of the target and tee (including installation). And then try for more time-limited sponsorships to cover maintenance and tourneys/leagues. Even if you've already got the funding in place for targets and/or tees, I think potential sponsors feel better about giving if there's a tangible benefit to their donation. Easier for them to justify "buying" a basket and tee pad for a course than giving money that will be used for more obscure benefits like maintenance.

I've seen a few courses that put the lifetime sponsor on the target (a plaque or decal on the band), but still had a sign at the tee for another sponsor whether it was an annual thing or just a tournament thing.