• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

I made this for very cheap, although I had access to the 55gallon drum for free. I cut the top and bottom off a plastic 55gallon drum to use as the basket and the chastity belt. Bolted a piece of plywood under the top of the basket with some hooks screwed into it to hang the chains on. The pole is an old coat rack. Got some big "L" brackets at wal-mart to support the basket and top. And I bought the chains at lowes for .60 a foot, 45 feet for 12 outside chains and 6 inside chains, cost about $28. I am gonna need 6 more chains on the inside though to keep my ace runs in. Enjoy.

Nice basket! :hfive:

attachment.php

top this

Haha I made this the other day at work to practic putting when theres nothing to do. Works fine for 5-35 footers.

Attachments

• dgbasket.jpg
    dgbasket.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 302
Haha I made this the other day at work to practic putting when theres nothing to do. Works fine for 5-35 footers.
I literally LOLed. That's awesome. In a bind I taped up a blanket to a doorway once.

Here is one that I have been working on for a little while...........not done yet, need to finish the outer chains and add an inner ring of chains. All parts except for the pole are old bicycle parts.........total cost = $7.03. It is not a portable, already have one of those. I will post a pic when it is finished and in the ground.

Attachments

• Disc Golf Basket HM 001.jpg
    Disc Golf Basket HM 001.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 301
Nice basket dude!

Thanks

EEEK! Those chains look like they'd be a bit rough on the discs.

I have tested them 'cause I thought the same thing...........they do beat up DX plastic but better plastic seems to handle them ok. They will get replaced if they are to hard on discs. I just needed to see if I could make a basket for little to no cash using what I had around the shop. I was suprised at how well they stop the discs..........I was afraid they would blow right through.

Here is one that I have been working on for a little while...........not done yet, need to finish the outer chains and add an inner ring of chains. All parts except for the pole are old bicycle parts.........total cost = $7.03. It is not a portable, already have one of those. I will post a pic when it is finished and in the ground.

Nice basket for $7.

Here is the finished product out in the yard............the bike chains don't seem to hurt good plastic.....no damage to my ION's or Champ or X plastic after putting for about 1 1/2 hours.

Attachments

• P1010742.jpg
    P1010742.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 140
  • P1010743.JPG
    P1010743.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 237
Here is the finished product out in the yard............the bike chains don't seem to hurt good plastic.....no damage to my ION's or Champ or X plastic after putting for about 1 1/2 hours.

That's so cool. If you're an avid biker and dg'er, what better way to put the two together?

Maybe those "speed bike" races that use the solid wheels could put some cool stamps on them, like a Dragon or something. ;)