• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

This is the final few steps of my basket I just finished today.
67432_485484567149_644812149_6999035_1340902_n.jpg

73104_485484912149_644812149_6999036_1993258_n.jpg

40891_485485287149_644812149_6999043_71663_n.jpg

what did you use for the lid?

what did you use for the lid?

The bottom 4 inches of a plastic 55 gallon drum I picked up for $5 off craigslist.
I thought I was going to have to put supports under it but its surprisingly very rigid and doesn't flex at all. It looks like it might be sagging some in the pics but that's mostly because I cut it on a table saw and the cuts not quite even.

The bottom 4 inches of a plastic 55 gallon drum I picked up for $5 off craigslist.
I thought I was going to have to put supports under it but its surprisingly very rigid and doesn't flex at all. It looks like it might be sagging some in the pics but that's mostly because I cut it on a table saw and the cuts not quite even.

one of my local courses has those as the basket. spray painted it looks like metal

i made this one last year.....pvc and plywood..... it slides over the pole so it can be moved to one of five spots in my yard ......also it has a hook on the top to be used as a swinging basket......not pretty but its works!!!.....
DSC09819.jpg
DSC09818.jpg

i made this one last year.....pvc and plywood..... it slides over the pole so it can be moved to one of five spots in my yard ......also it has a hook on the top to be used as a swinging basket......not pretty but its works!!!.....

It's plenty pretty! :)

im working on this one made from old air conditioner parts......its not finished yet but ive been working only a few hours on it.....it makes it easy having the discatcher there to go off ........
DSC09821.jpg
DSC09822.jpg

Addition to post #133

I am posting my 2nd completed home-made basket. The original, shown in post #133 of this thread, worked so well that this is really its' twin. With the steep slope, and "grass-less" surroundings, this is one fast green.

What's weird is that I posted the original pictures exactly one year ago today!

picture.php

picture.php

Do mini baskets count? Made this out of a broken lamp, 5-gal bucket, and old ultimate disc a while ago. It catches quite well & was uber cheap to make (if you don't have to buy the lamp).

0210100744a_280547.jpg

0210100744b_318669.jpg

I am posting my 2nd completed home-made basket. The original, shown in post #133 of this thread, worked so well that this is really its' twin. With the steep slope, and "grass-less" surroundings, this is one fast green.

picture.php

picture.php

Once again, nice work Jimb. :thmbup: Your first basket was inspirational in the design of mine.

It won't be long before I'll be able to unveil my basket. I'm pretty excited to reveal it to everyone.

Once again, nice work Jimb. :thmbup: Your first basket was inspirational in the design of mine.

It won't be long before I'll be able to unveil my basket. I'm pretty excited to reveal it to everyone.

Thanks Chucker! Looking forward to seeing my basket's cousin. :D

Do mini baskets count? Made this out of a broken lamp, 5-gal bucket, and old ultimate disc a while ago. It catches quite well & was uber cheap to make (if you don't have to buy the lamp).

0210100744a_280547.jpg

0210100744b_318669.jpg

What did you use to attach the chains? Im in the process of building one myself and thats pretty much all I have left.

/super awesome permanent basket
Well, I know that design I'll be trying to emulate. :thmbup:

What did you use to attach the chains? Im in the process of building one myself and thats pretty much all I have left.

For the outer ring of chains, I just drilled a hole in the edge of lid & bent open part of the chain then bent it shut again. For the inner ring I used zip-ties. Create a small loop (about 1/2 - 1") w/ the zip tie & push the loop through the hole in the lid. Just make sure the hole you drill is big enough to let the loop of the zip-tie through but small enough to keep the box part above. If you want a better pic, let me know.

pd

So am I counting right? 18 outer chains? How many inner chains are you using? It looks like a fountain of chains. :) It's just beautiful. I wish I could come across a good deal on chain for my second basket.

The green looks insanely fast. Have you had any discs bounce off of the tire yet? The few times I've had a disc bounce off of mine the disc has deflected off of it and rolled away at a pretty good clip. One time it rolled right back to me where I was standing (10m away on flat ground during practice) and I bent down and grabbed it as it rolled up. I will say it was very convenient. :D Anyway, I just imagined a deflection like that on that hill would be disastrous. By no means a bad thing. It would certainly make you focus on the putt.

Latest posts