• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How can one broken practice basket be a course?

Here's the new course. Bag it before the basket falls over.

91323013_m.jpg

It's classified as a "practice area". If it's publicly available (presuming the school is a public one), I see no reason why it shouldn't be listed if it is accurately described.

If the issue is whether it should count for "course baggers", that's a separate topic than if it should be listed or not.

It's classified as a "practice area". If it's publicly available (presuming the school is a public one), I see no reason why it shouldn't be listed if it is accurately described.

If the issue is whether it should count for "course baggers", that's a separate topic than if it should be listed or not.

Okay, but man, that's just weak, even for a practice area.

No arguments here. That's a sad looking basket and not knowing anything about the school (public/private, what age ranges attend, neighborhood, etc), I'd be more than a little hesitant to practice on it. But I've seen worse on full courses.

I designated it as a practice area. Doesn't add to the total course count in MT nor does it affect completion percentages.

And the basket certainly isn't broken. It caught discs thrown by 4 different frolfers. We even had fun. You should try!

Heck, I've seen some almost as bad used during live broadcasts. Like when they forget to install the pin in the top of the Innova baskets, so the whole chain assembly wobbles around when you hit it or the chains...

I have personally practiced at this practice area, but I do not count it towards my total courses played.

(I do count it towards my practice areas practiced, which is a meaningless stat to everyone except Stardoggy.)

It's located in a public schoolyard, open to public use when school is not in session. I'd consider this a destination-quality practice area. The basket is super janky as the picture shows, so you really have to dial in your putt to get anything to stick. In that regard, probably the best practice area in the world.

Which is a default... I'm thinking of putting in a practice course with 4 holes.

Wait, people compete to see who's played the most courses? And they cheat (my definition, meant to troll anyone susceptible) to boot?

I designated it as a practice area. Doesn't add to the total course count in MT nor does it affect completion percentages.

And the basket certainly isn't broken. It caught discs thrown by 4 different frolfers. We even had fun. You should try!

and it's a nice review too. it left me wanting to play this practice area... and fly fish
and since i couldn't thumb it up, i just thumbed all your other reviews instead. you write some great reviews.

I say we inundate it with 5 ratings and throw the Top 10 list and all its many followers for a loop.

can't vote on practice area reviews

Stardoggy would definitely Stardog that one: "Got a good feel for it out the driver's window--marked it played."

:D

and it's a nice review too. it left me wanting to play this practice area... and fly fish
and since i couldn't thumb it up, i just thumbed all your other reviews instead. you write some great reviews.

Thanks, man, appreciate it!