• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How can you tell the difference between an old and a new AVIAR ??

8ceswild

Bogey Member
Didnt Innova make the grid pattern on older discs as well?? I just picked up 3 of them that I dont think I am actually going to use. Just wondering if these are $5 discs or are they collectors??? How can I tell? The bottom has the patent number.

Older Innova Aviars say San Marino on the bottom, newer ones have WWW tooling.

Oh and yes, Innova has used the grid pattern "Classic" Aviar stamp for quite awhile now.

the old school grids should be beaded too ... some of them are brick hard and some lil softer

the old aviars have more than one ring on the bottom, there can be older aviars with beads (especially big beads); just browse around online and you can find tons of info on different molds and years that they were molded

the really old ones were no bead...

very true .. i was thinking more about those brick hards .. the ones i had were small bead.. did have a couple grids that were lil softer.. but yeah i didnt have any of the true oldies

I don't think you can really tell based on rings either.

My first Classic was old(er) and a single, larger ring. Not sure whether it was a SB or no bead as it was well used when I found it. The one I replaced it with when it cracked (stupid winter) was a no bead SM double ring (the outer ring about the same diameter as my first Classic's single). I'm not sure how long it had sat around the store so I can't gauge its age. I chose to pick up two backups to avoid losing my putter mid-round again (BBs that a friend picked up for me not knowing mine was beadless) that are also double ring SMs. The BBs I know are four years old max. Aviars are a lot older than that.

Latest posts