• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you arrange the discs in your bag?

zud00

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
For the most part, I have my bag divided into three compartments. I have them from left to right:
First section-fairway drivers
Middle section-drivers
Last section-Midrange
My putter is in the front pocket.

Recently my bag got all out of wack just by throwing multiple drives/practicing and then just throwing them all back in the bag randomly. As I was playing a round today, I sometimes had trouble finding the disc I was looking for, especially if I had some of the same color.

So how do you arrange the discs in your bag? Speed? Color? Alphabetical?

For the most part, I have my bag divided into three compartments. I have them from left to right:
Middle section-drivers
Last section-Midrange

Recently my bag got all out of wack just by throwing multiple drives/practicing and then just throwing them all back in the bag randomly. As I was playing a round today, I sometimes had trouble finding the disc I was looking for, especially if I had some of the same color.

I try really hard to separate by putter, mid, and driver in order of stability. I never seem to get through a round with them that way though.

from driver to midrange to putter first, then by stability from over to under, then by weight & color after that. and i try to buy discs by color / weight make it easier to sort / find. and yes, i am anal retentive in that way. and no, i don't use them all each round. i like having backups / redundancy. i'm not sure why. :)

First section is straight-ish drivers. Then my overstable drivers. Then my fairway drivers. Then my mids. Putters in front and side pockets.

Stability - Far right is the most under-stable and the far left is the most over-stable. I do it this way, because I grab the middle of the road discs for most of my shots and they are easiest to get to there. Also, I only carry one putter, so my main approach disc and putter are in the putter pocket.

In general my bag goes from fastest disc to slowest disc as you go left to right. In general, it goes fast overstable long range drivers, then fast understable long range drivers, then overstable fairway drivers, then understable fairway drivers, then midrange. I've also got a side pocket with four more long range drivers that I don't use quite as often. I carry 30 discs, so I've definitely got a disc for every occasion with me at all times...that's how I roll.

I just scowl at my bag and it spits up whatever I want to throw. It's all about respect with me and my bag. It knows it's place.

I just have one divider: mid-ranges and putters (fat discs) on one side, drivers (skinny discs) on the other.

Putters-Mids-Control Drivers-Long Range drivers. If I have more than one in that category, less stable in front i.e. Rocs in front of Sentinels, etc. The discs of each mold line up the same way i.e. my beat to death turnover Roc is in front of my stable Roc, etc. If the discs get out of order, OCD kicks in and I stop everything I'm doing and put them back in order.

The exception is my Banshees, which are in the very back behind my long range drivers. When I first got the bag, all I carried was Aviars, Rocs, Cyclones and Banshees. I had a lot of empty spaces in the bag, and the Banshees went in the very back. They have been there ever since. Technically they should be between my XL's and SL's.

Just as total drift...this is the disc with the longest run in my bag. It's been in the back of my beat-up bag since I bought it, which was right at 10 years ago.
008-1.jpg

It's pretty beat and not very stable anymore. I rarely throw it, it's a backup to my backup. I keep it there for the sentimental value.

I still have a small collection so I just sort them by color. My standard bag includes a putter outside, one orange, two pinks, two whites, and two yellows. Easy to spot any missing discs this way.

Color, That way I can make a quick scan and see if I'm missing any and all are right there to grab if I need one for a throw. 3 red, 2 blue, 1 orange. 3 green 5 yellow. 4 clear and 3 white. and two putters in the front.

from driver to midrange to putter first, then by stability from over to under, then by weight & color after that. and i try to buy discs by color / weight make it easier to sort / find. and yes, i am anal retentive in that way. and no, i don't use them all each round. i like having backups / redundancy. i'm not sure why. :)

Sounds a lot like the way I arrange my discs. First by speed and then by stability from over to under. I thought about buying specific color discs based on flight pattern, but that has gone out the window. Each disc has its specific place in my bag and goes right back to that spot.

Putter on the side. Three sections in the bag. One section is all mids. The next section is all overstable and long range drivers. The last section is understable drivers and backups. No order within sections.

ERic

Putter on the side. Three sections in the bag. One section is all mids. The next section is all overstable and long range drivers. The last section is understable drivers and backups. No order within sections.

ERic

this is very similar to the way mine are arranged. i use the innova competition bag. putter in the front pocket, 3 sections in the bag. one side overstable drivers/fairway drivers, middle section all mids, and the last section drivers/fairway drivers from slightly to more understable. the discs in each section are arranged by their stability rating from left to right.

I have a bag with a divider. Mid-ranges on one side, drivers on the other. Putters in the front and back pockets. Extra discs (floaters or try-outs) in the pockets.

I use a Fade tourney bag. I carry 3 putters with me. 2 putters in the side pocket and one used as a divider between my drivers and mid ranges. No particular order within the two sections.

Since I'm colorblind, most of my discs are yellow or white as these are the only colors I can see easily when I'm rooting around for one in the shule (I spend a lot of time there,LOL).

Lately, with 3 friends I recently introduced to the game, not only have I given them all my extra discs I don't carry with me but my bag has been turned in a self serve, help yourself to whatever you want, buffet for these new guys as they try out different discs. They've found out I keep the good sh#t in my bag. All three have been playing for over a month and only one of them has bought two discs for himself. Other than that, nada. They all have the philosphy of why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. LOL

Woodpecker

Middle section-drivers
Last section-Midrange

i have them arranged by type and then speed rating.

Latest posts