• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU fall apart?

What skill(s) do you lose first?

• Driving

Votes: 67 31.5%
  • Mid game (approaches and touch shots)

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Putting

Votes: 79 37.1%
  • Driving AND Mid

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Driving AND Putting

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Putting and Mid

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • EVERYTHING!!! ARGH!

Votes: 17 8.0%

• Total voters
The biggest hot-round killer for me usually comes in the form of the 200 foot approach shots or shots that require finesse. I over think them and all too often throw low and leave myself with a long jumper OR I blow past and still leave a long jumper.

Then that sets up the putting debacle. I tend to get an unhealthy amount of roll-aways when I jump put. (I almost ALWAYS hit the top band or chain arms and it kicks off hard- then rolls about 30 feet).

But it's almost always those 200 footers that mess with my head. Should I rip on my driving putter or power down a mid? If I power down a mid I tend to throw low or slip grip and it fades out. If I throw my putter I grip lock or sail it over. FML.

I voted everything, because when i fall apart it's mental/physical (fatigue), and that affects everything.

Definately putting when im around/farther than the circle. but I do tend to griplock when i get tired too.

Putting...My driving never really FALLS apart. I will have the occasional bad drive...but when my putting is off, it's off in all sorts of wrongs.

I couldn't putt to save my ass today. I couldn't even hit my 15 footers and all last week I was sinking 90% of my 30 footers.

Putting. It's very embarrassing to be the only person on your card to park a 400+ foot drive that requires great shot shaping and muff a 15 footer to take a par. If I could putt as well as I could drive or approach, I'd be playing MO instead of MA1

Putting. It's very embarrassing to be the only person on your card to park a 400+ foot drive that requires great shot shaping and muff a 15 footer to take a par. If I could putt as well as I could drive or approach, I'd be playing MO instead of MA1

We have people in golf that say "if I could putt I'd be on the PGA Tour." The answer people often post to them is "Then why aren't you practicing your putting?"

So I suppose the same goes here, eh? :)

Usually a Mental issue involving wind.

I used to have putting collapses quite regularly but that doesn't happen as often. Now a good breeze while I'm standing on the tee is the one thing that really gets me. It gets in my head and I throw at the nearest OB area. Doesn't seem to bother me putting and not much from 200' in, just on the tee.

You technique freaks would have a field day with trying to help my form, but I only know one way to throw a drive. Side arm and as hard as I can. When it works, it impresses a lot of folks, folks who are a lot better than I can ever be. But I'm no kid and my arm gets tired especially when I haven't been playing so much. When I get fatigued my drives go first. 2 or 3 drives in a row that sail high and wide and half the distance is a sure indicator.

I've never been a killer putter, so missing a few putts I should make goes largely unnoticed.

However, one shanked drive often means many more to come. Then all the wheels come off and I become Mike Matusow.

This is me!! One grip lock shot then I don't grip tight enough then back to grip lock and soon it becomes one vicious cycle with no end in site!!!

Latest posts