• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you full timers do it?

I work overnight, so on my days off the wife is at work and the kids are at daycare so it gives me a chance to play then. I also have a fair amount of space and made a couple tonal poles to practice with at home before it gets dark outside.

Since it was my birthday weekend I was able to enjoy a tournament. Played pro for the first time and took 2nd. The guy that owns the course took first of course. Then played doubles yesterday. It was good to get out and play.

I used to work 3PM-11PM weekdays. It was awesome. Now...not so much.

I do one of four things to get my fix now.

1. There is a terrible 6 hole course near my work, easy to pound out on my lunch (with a couple discs).
2. Just go to that course and work on putting and approaching on lunch.
3. Created my own pole (putter) course out back behind work. Good line work, not very long. 100-180'
4. Play classic target golf somewhere near work.

A little bit of lunch play is better than nothing. Believe me, it is not the same, but at least I get to make time to throw.

I like how most of y'all are suggesting play at lunch. I haven't taken a lunch since I started. There just isn't time for me to. We are in such time crunches to get the install done that we barley have time to pee. Haha. I wish I could play at lunch.

Latest posts