• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you guys trade and sell?

Ebay yes, just got on discaroo and so far yes, here so far yes

discaroo rocks, unfortunately I don't have any discs I really want to trade anymore though or else I'd be on there browsing discs all day.

DiscGolfReview.com forums...been trading there for almost 3 years, never had a bad experience.

Never tried discaroo myself, but many of the guys who trade regularly on DiscGolfReview has been burned by people on discaroo, so I don't ever plan on using that site.

The PDGA forums has a buy/sell/trade section there too...I'm not a member anymore, so I don't currently use it, but when I did it always worked out well. If you've got rare/collectible stuff, the PDGA forums or Ebay are probably your best bet.

Ive used this site and ebay. Had a great experence with this site. Ebays great, too but the fees can kill you if your not careful. Figure on ebay and paypal takin about 15%, not to mention your packing supplies. Just got to be careful and work it into your pice.

discaroo for me, havent been using this site for trading but will more in the future.

ive had over 30 transactions on discaroo, mostly trading. neevr gotten burned. one disc i bought got lost in the mail and the guy refunded my money. just like anything other online forum you have to make sure the person you are dealing with has good feedback. when i first started on there, a few people asked me to mail my disc first and i had no problem with that. i asked the same of a few people and they didnt have a problem either. im not saying you cant get brned - it can happen anywhere. but with a few reasonable precautions you can eliminate most of it.

Just started trading a few weeks ago. Use this site and Discaroo. I like the search features and # of discs available on Discaroo, but it has some draw backs, mainly the "Discaroo Dollars". While I think they are a great concept, I am not sure there are enough of them in the market to be used efficiently. This is most evidenced by the fact that discs are generally more expensive on Discaroo, as well as the fact that many people won't even list a price. Since you can not cash them out, Discaroo is not the best place to sell a disc (does not matter to me since my primary goal is to trade). I have completed about 12 trades/sales between the two sites and have not had any problems. DGCR site has been great.

I use:

Trading - I would stick with the 3 main ones. Here, Discaroo, and Disc Golf Review. No problems here or on Discaroo...yet. I haven't used disc golf review yet, but everyone seems pretty decent over there, especially the highly active ones. This place has been fantastic.

Selling I would use here or Disc Golf Review first. I would try to get the discs into the hands of the people who will get good use out of my stuff first. Then ebay. Discaroo is not a place to sell discs. I do the discaroo dollars thing though so I can get things that I want opposed to trading for things I don't want. Not even half of the people do discaroo dollars, but it's an option. But everything is inflated a couple bucks in discaroo dollars. I just look for compariable discs and try to stay in the same price range as others. Which is about 30-40% more than I would take cash for. So it is a little goofy but it works for that route.

This place is awesome for trading and selling. Very personal and I like that.

Ebay is nice for selling rare discs or lots of discs. People tend to pay good $ for junk as long as you have 6+ discs in a lot it will get bids.

I've bought on eBay and always had a good experience. I do read feedback though.

As far as trading, I haven't ventured beyond this site (haven't had a need to look elsewhere). I like that I get to trade with people I deal with regularly, even if it's just through my post-whoring. I can get a feeling for what kind of person they are (not that it really matters as long as the trade goes smoothly). I also know that the mods are community-driven (like I am) and know that any concerns that might arise will be addressed. It's also nice knowing that I get to help out my DGCR brothers and sisters.

I use discaroo mostly, but ive dont trades elseware too! Check for good feedback, check their feed back! if the person who gave them feed back has no mroe discs up and only feed back from the perosn you want to trade, it could be faked.

discgolfreview will give you the most action and is a superb place to trade and is my personal favorite. I have traded over 100 discs there and never once was a bad experience. Discgolfreview is awesome in general. DGcoursereview is a close second followed by discaroo (just be careful trading there, that is the only place I have been burned)

My best recommendation is communication. If a fellow trader does not communicate with me we do not trade, period.

Latest posts