• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

I apparently have a strong "I want advice on disc golf from engineers, but I'm too shy to solicit it" look, because people at the store and on course are constantly telling me that they are engineers and answering questions that I didn't ask.

Any time someone tells me they're an engineer and I wasn't asking them what they do this is my reply...

Cool. Must be pretty sweet driving a train.

It seems like "disc golfers" will try to get a disc back to another golfer, but "rec-ers" tend to just bag em for themselves (here in the Twin Cities)...

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm still in my first year of really playing, besides some very rec style outings in the early 2000's...

I'm fortunate to have a good job, but I'm not rich, so I do work hard to find discs that I throw wayward. Unfortunately I'm not consistent enough to keep everything in the fairway or out of the water.

I have only lost two discs that I couldn't get back so far in 9 months, but I do work hard to find them.

The three that were found and called on, I made sure I was the one going out of my way to meet up and get it back.

I've been able to find and return three or four others, so it works out for me to try and help others get their disc back.

Name and phone on rim. As simple as possible.

Most people seem to call.

In my experience, the personalized stamp gets WAY more calls. Went from two or three, to dozens of returns:
attachment.php

In my experience, the personalized stamp gets WAY more calls. Went from two or three, to dozens of returns:
attachment.php

That makes sense.. I should look into that... I know I saw somebody write about their process somewhere on this site...

Sharpie inside of rim in two places opposite each other (because of wear can make one illegible). phone number only. Putters i leave clean, hardly ever lose those. When I was playing sanctioned, I did my own lityle doodle/logo on them, because you have to individually mark them

I really don't expect them to come back if lost. Because well... they don't. Since you're supposed to mark them, I'll just scrawl something, somewhere.. generally on the bottom.

In addition to that, I add nickname, phone, home city all on the rim. Overkill I suppose.

Just remembered I also put "Reward if Found" on my two most cherished and impossible to replace discs. Luckily I havent lost either yet, but would gladly pay to have either returned if/when I do lose them.

Latest posts