• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

DesertFox

Birdie Member
Not sure if there is a thread already on this, but if there is go ahead and delete this one...anyway I've experimented different ways of putting my info on discs and I think I've found something short and sweet for me. Don't really like inking mine because I honestly think it detracts from their looks, and there are some NIICE looking discs out there.

So the question is...how do YOU ink YOUR discs?
Do you put your full name?
PDGA #?
Nicknames?
Signatures?
All of the above?

Here's a pic of how I generally do mine.

ltms.jpg

It's basically my initials and the weight of the disc combined for now,
until I get my PDGA # and then that will be next to the other writing.

I use a Shapie inside the rim. I put disc weight, my first name, and my cell number. The disc weight is for my information. I figure if someone finds the disc and wants to make the effort to return it, all they need is my first name and telephone number. I've been contacted on a couple of lost discs, but I've always moved on from the area so just tell them to keep it or gift it away if they don't want it. Someday I'll get a call and actually be able to retrieve my disc...

PDGA numbers, initials, etc. aren't going to help a stranger get the disc back to me unless they are pretty serious golfers and recognize the PDGA number.

When I bother to ink, it's my email address on the bottom of the flight plate. Writing on the rim requires just slightly too much more effort.

Name, PDGA#, email. Bottom of the flight plate. I throw discs for their utility, not their look.

Phone numbers change (I've had at least six or seven since I started playing) but I've had the same email address for 15 years. Much easier to put that on there and not have to worry about updating it. Besides, I'm a screener...I hardly ever answer my phone, especially if it's an unfamiliar number. I'd rather play email tag than phone tag any day.

My name written huge (5th grade handwriting) on the back of the flight plate.

On discs I really like I write "Brandi" with a heart to dot the "i" and my phone number. Always get a call back for those.

I use a Shapie inside the rim. I put disc weight, my first name, and my cell number. The disc weight is for my information. I figure if someone finds the disc and wants to make the effort to return it, all they need is my first name and telephone number. I've been contacted on a couple of lost discs, but I've always moved on from the area so just tell them to keep it or gift it away if they don't want it. Someday I'll get a call and actually be able to retrieve my disc...

PDGA numbers, initials, etc. aren't going to help a stranger get the disc back to me unless they are pretty serious golfers and recognize the PDGA number.

When I bother to ink, it's my email address on the bottom of the flight plate. Writing on the rim requires just slightly too much more effort.

@ Mark That is true, I might just do that from now on.

@ 3j0hn LOL I know that's right, I have to keep reminding myself to stop being lazy and ink my new discs!

First name. Phone number. Middle of disc. I used to do rim but eventually it rubs off from me touching it.

Some people go through phone numbers. I've had the same cell since I was 15 though

My name written huge (5th grade handwriting) on the back of the flight plate.

On discs I really like I write "Brandi" with a heart to dot the "i" and my phone number. Always get a call back for those.

I'll have to try that. That way I know that I'm more likely to get my disc back as opposed to when I write: Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx Hank Ruffneck

Seriously I don't ink my discs any more. I just pay more attention to where I throw them and try not to lose them. Chances are if it's one of my nice ones it's not coming back any way.

Regular sharpie on the bottom of the flight plate. Full name, phone number, town.

I don't ink.
I will look until I find it.

Only been playing for a year and have lost one disc.
Dark red color shift in the fall. Never saw it go into the woods.
Looked for an hour. Went back the next day and looked again.
Thing just vanished.

The way I see it is that if I am too lazy to look the finder of lost disc can keep it.
If I sell or buy a used disc I sure don't want someone elses name and info on it.

If I find one with a name and number I will always call.
A few numbers have been disconnected and now I am a proud owner of a disc that I will never use.

I don't ink.
I will look until I find it.

Only been playing for a year and have lost one disc.
Dark red color shift in the fall. Never saw it go into the woods.
Looked for an hour. Went back the next day and looked again.
Thing just vanished.

The way I see it is that if I am too lazy to look the finder of lost disc can keep it.
If I sell or buy a used disc I sure don't want someone elses name and info on it.

If I find one with a name and number I will always call.
A few numbers have been disconnected and now I am a proud owner of a disc that I will never use.

Yea that's what I do. Only one lost in the amount of time i've played, but just in case ya know? I'm dirt poor and can't afford to lose discs lol

I use a throwaway email address. I hate cell phones.

I have lost at least 6 discs.Last week I got an email from someone who found one, for the first time. The good news is , it was my brand new Ibex. The better news is, I have to got to Roscoe Ewing to get it.

I don't. If I can't find it then I know it's not coming back to me. There are only a few holes here that you can actually lose your disc, and that's a few water holes, and we have a bunch of people (honestly mainly homeless people) that go in the water searching for plastic that never call. They just keep it or try to flip it for their own benefit.

I put Claire and my number in pen on the rim, atleast then if i wanna sell it it's removeable, and all i have to do is touch it up here and there

Latest posts