• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

I put Claire and my number in pen on the rim, atleast then if i wanna sell it it's removeable, and all i have to do is touch it up here and there

Claire!? That's a fat chick's name! ---Judd Hersch, the Breakfast Club :D

Meh, I've lost 24 the past 11.5 years---less than 50% of what I've found that didn't have ink. Don't even bother to ink mine anymore, as trying to get it back is usually more of a hassle $-wise than the price of a microbrew sixpack.

And with no contact info you would have gotten 0 back. Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin.

Hey Sisyphus, how many discs have you lost? How many discs have you found that you were able to keep?

OK, "The More You Know" time... (you may want to skip this long story & go on to the next post) :p

As my post said, for well over my first year of playing (when I lost the most discs because I didn't understand flight paths as well, went in the woods or the lake more often, instead of the fairway as I more often do now...), I put TONs of contact info in all of my discs. Probably lost more than a disc a month, listed them on the local club site and here on DGCR. I had ONE call back. That guy didn't want a reward, and left it at the shop we both utilize (Disc n Dat...Dan got it back to me).

Had a second one returned the second year (of maybe eight lost). I met the guy, let him choose anything he wanted from my spares/sale bin, played part of a round with him, and I like to think, made a friend. Funny thing was, he found it at an entirely different course that where I lost it, proving that most folks don't have the integrity to call the number I'd scarred all those discs with.

When I started interacting in the Marketplace, I found out folks hate ink, so I started minimizing. Since then, I've 'lost' one and left one intentionally in the pond at a private course (as a tip for the owner). When I lose a disc now, any call backs that I get restore my shrinking faith in humanity.

As far as returns go, I've called every number on found discs, looked people up online (it's not that hard), used the same club sites as above, and given the rightful owners every chance I can think of to get their disc back, if they want it. Golden Rule. I can think of maybe three I haven't been able to return. I once found a 'Hands" Aviar :)eek:) with simply a last name on it, and turned it in at the course pro shop's lost and found. Couldn't narrow that one down with an online search, but posted it on the club sites, in case the guy was looking for it. :thmbup:

Heavily. My discs are tools I use to try to get a low score so why would I care what they look like except when deciding what to buy? They're only in my bag because they are useful and fly well for me.

Also since they are important to my game, if I lose one I want it back. So I'll write anything that I think even MIGHT make somebody call me. If you're worried about your discs looking pretty, chances are I'm whoopin' yo a$$ out on the course ;)

OK, "The More You Know" time... (you may want to skip this long story & go on to the next post) :p

As my post said, for well over my first year of playing (when I lost the most discs because I didn't understand flight paths as well, went in the woods or the lake more often, instead of the fairway as I more often do now...), I put TONs of contact info in all of my discs. Probably lost more than a disc a month, listed them on the local club site and here on DGCR. I had ONE call back. That guy didn't want a reward, and left it at the shop we both utilize (Disc n Dat...Dan got it back to me).

Had a second one returned the second year (of maybe eight lost). I met the guy, let him choose anything he wanted from my spares/sale bin, played part of a round with him, and I like to think, made a friend. Funny thing was, he found it at an entirely different course that where I lost it, proving that most folks don't have the integrity to call the number I'd scarred all those discs with.

When I started interacting in the Marketplace, I found out folks hate ink, so I started minimizing. Since then, I've 'lost' one and left one intentionally in the pond at a private course (as a tip for the owner). When I lose a disc now, any call backs that I get restore my shrinking faith in humanity.

As far as returns go, I've called every number on found discs, looked people up online (it's not that hard), used the same club sites as above, and given the rightful owners every chance I can think of to get their disc back, if they want it. Golden Rule. I can think of maybe three I haven't been able to return. I once found a 'Hands" Aviar :)eek:) with simply a last name on it, and turned it in at the course pro shop's lost and found. Couldn't narrow that one down with an online search, but posted it on the club sites, in case the guy was looking for it. :thmbup:

To be clear, I wasn't talking about a comparison to discs you've found and kept...I was speaking to the value NOT lost by inking your discs initially.

I go with name and phone number on the rum, but I've never had a call on one of the dozen or so I've lost playing on my own. I've started playing leagues, though, and in that venue, I'm confident the identifying information would help ensure the return of lost or mislaid plastic.

Silver sharpie on the inside rim of champion type plastic, or the back on star like, if it's anything I'm not sure I'm keeping. Silver sharpie comes off easy, so they're still good for trade, but it does wear off over time. Any thing I know I'm keeping gets black ink.

Some people are posting that they put ink on the disc wherever', and aren't concerned about how it looks. That's all fine and well, but it becomes an issue if you ever decide to sell your marked discs.

The difference between selling a disc with Name/# on the back versus a disc the same info on the rim can be $5 easily, and can sometimes mean being completely unable to sell a disc entirely.

I don't bother inking mine. If I give up looking for my disc, she's fair game.

I put my initials and weight of the disc along with email... I will however spend all day looking for a disc if need be.. economy being what it is and all.. I'm not giving up lol.. :D

I write my name and cell phone number on the inner rim. I generally have high hopes that people will return my disc. It's not a matter of whether I "give up" looking for it either. Sometimes, it may be too dark to look for it. Other times, it may be that I'm looking in the wrong place And that's what I try to assume when finding other people's discs. If I find a disc with a number, I call. If they don't answer, I leave a message. If they don't return the call, I call again a week later. If still no answer, it's mine.

anything that isnt see through is on the flight plate real big name # and thanks just in case I loose the disc, may make the finder feel a little guilty about keeping it, plus when you write big its hard to mark it out. plastic such as champion plastic goes on the inner rim.

Yea, I guess you could say I do mine for resale value but they will never be for sale. Our Panda stampers are for team members only and once they go on a disc, the team member can never sell or trade the disc. We do that so if we lose one, its pretty obvious who it belongs to.

I mark my discs with my name, number, sometimes the disc weight. If it is a disc that I really like I will write "beer reward if returned" on the bottom. I also try to make my discs look ugly so others don't want it. I am not selling any of my discs, cause I've settled on which discs I throw.

Latest posts