• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

I used to ink em up big, but they never got returned anyways, so now I just don't. Plus, discs with no ink have more trade/resale value. Keeping it in the fairway helps the cause, too...and I do that a lot more than I used to.

I always put first name, last initial, and phone number inside the rim. Also $$REWARD$$ for discs I am willing to pay to get back. I learned to ink the inside rim because I used to do a lot of trading and selling and the people who care about ink usually mind less if it is on the inner rim. And there are a surprising number of people who care about ink.

On another note, I never understand people who put their name but no phone #. The chances of a call are slim, but some people do call and it only takes another 5 seconds to write your phone #. For example, I found a CE Eagle with only a first name written on it, and if the guy would have put his phone number he would have his $50 disc back.

I've gone from full info on the flight plate to minimalist in the rim, in silver sharpie (wears off or wipes using acetone). PDGA requires a recognizable mark, so my throwers get this rim ink now: "jka sisyphus".

Googling it with "disc golf" finds me. If they want to, they will. Only had two returned ever (and that was back in the days I had all possible contact info there). :(

Googling it with "disc golf" finds me. If they want to, they will. Only had two returned ever (and that was back in the days I had all possible contact info there). :(

And with no contact info you would have gotten 0 back. Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin.

And with no contact info you would have gotten 0 back. Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin.

Yep, and for all the discs he DIDN'T put ink on, he probably tripled the value compared to the 2 he got back in trade/resale value.

Trolls be trollin'.

Yep, and for all the discs he DIDN'T put ink on, he probably tripled the value compared to the 2 he got back in trade/resale value.

Trolls be trollin'.

Don't know, how many discs has he lost? Hey, I know! Let's ask him!

Hey Sisyphus, how many discs have you lost? How many discs have you found that you were able to keep?

I ink the rims with Metallic Sharpies. Comes off easy with acetone. It will rub off pretty quick compared to regular Sharpie so you have to reapply. But it keeps the value up.

I've gone from full info on the flight plate to minimalist in the rim, in silver sharpie (wears off or wipes using acetone). PDGA requires a recognizable mark, so my throwers get this rim ink now: "jka sisyphus".

I feels ya.

Name, Cellphone # and PDGA # on inside rim. have good results in returning discs. i will always try several times to return discs if the info's on there.

No Ink. I think its bad luck to ink a disc, you're basically saying "I know I'm going to lose this disc"

One day in 1998 at Brewer Park in Grand Rapids, MI, a bunch of us were goofing around, talking like SNL's Superfans, and I posed a question (spoken with a 'Northern Cities Vowel Shift'): "Would a Disc go farther with the word "Ditka" on it?"

A friend grabbed his sharpie from his bag and did just that, scribbling "Ditka!" on the underside of his Disc and then unleashed the drive of his life.

I still Ditka my Discs to this day...

I put weight in black sharpie inside the rim of drivers, fairways, and some mids. Name and phone on just a couple of special discs huge on bottom of flight plate.

My new rule on found discs with ink from an unknown is that I will call once and leave disc at course in an easy to find location. (Unless someone in my group wants to mess with it)

I put my full name, number, resumè, social security number, drivers license number, next of kin and the daily horoscope on my discs.

Joking aside, ink looks horrible on a disc.

i just usually black out the front and back of my disc with a trusty permanent marker of choice

Just email on rim. I've got dozens returned, another dozen+ contacts where I've responded that the disc served me well, may you have equal service.

When I lose/forget a disc on one of my many local courses (Charlotte, 18+ super courses within a 12 mile drive), they usually get returned, but then I am a fairly well known old curmudgeon in the area.

Just email on rim. I've got dozens returned, another dozen+ contacts where I've responded that the disc served me well, may you have equal service.

When I lose/forget a disc on one of my many local courses (Charlotte, 18+ super courses within a 12 mile drive), they usually get returned, but then I am a fairly well known old curmudgeon in the area.

You lose a lot of discs if you're getting dozens returned.

Last name and cell # small on center of flight plate. I used to put that info on the outside edge of the flight plate but it would always get rubbed off.

Latest posts