• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you motivate yourself to go play when the weather isn't perfect?

Sure, YOU can.

Up here in the NW, it has been known to rain every single day between Hallowe'en and Memorial Day.

Slight exaggeration.

Slight exaggeration. But mostly straight truth.
I own a raincoat -- rain doesn't stop me.

When life gets really busy (significant other, work, kids, etc) once you are able to get the time allocated and scheduled to play, you play. Unless it's thundering I'm keeping my planned time to play. And if you are tournament player practice is poor conditions is key because you will end up needing it.

My motivation for playing in rain will be to go look at my ratings for the 3 rain tourney rounds I have played this year: 876, 889, 889. :gross:

They're my only sub 900s since June 2016. Stupid rain.

Well, most of us accept that using methamphetamine is a terrible idea.

Having assumed that as a foundation, I was saying, in jest, that even someone who thinks meth is a good idea knows that hyzer putting is a bad choice. Thereby insinuating that hyzer putting is dumber than using methamphetamine. Which it actually is.

I don't want to hyzer putt! I just have to. The same can be said for my meth use.

Moar baseline plastic.

Meh. I don't think baseline discs that I never throw besides in rain are going to be any better than champ/star discs that are more slippery but that I actually know.

I putt with Vibram, so that helps.

It's more about my mental game in rain. I know I suck in rain, so of course I suck in rain.