• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you practice putting?

I take 2 putters and fire away from 10-15' for 15 minutes or so...then back up a little and go another 15 minutes on the practice basket. Then I go out on the course and putt horribly.

I do the same thing but, putt 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after putting horribly for a round.

Myself and Bdamcat have a basket at work we play HORSE during lunch and breaks, we use diffrent obsticals around the plant to try and make the other one miss. sometimes when we move closer to the basket we miss more go figure. I have a photo of the basket we built on my profile, We got the design from another thread.

One thing I have found is somethings on the practice field , don't translate to the course. Today, I was practicing with my really Soft Magnet. I have another one that is a little stiffer, and it was not putting as well. When I went to the course, I went back and forth between the two, and the stiffer one worked better. Strange.

I set up a portable basket in my apartment and practice hitting 10-20 ft putts for about 15 minutes daily. I've been doing this for two weeks now and it's REALLY helped. I don't miss those easy putts now (during practice and on the field) and as long as my approach shots are good - I'm within that range.

I set up a portable basket in my apartment and practice hitting 10-20 ft putts for about 15 minutes daily. I've been doing this for two weeks now and it's REALLY helped. I don't miss those easy putts now (during practice and on the field) and as long as my approach shots are good - I'm within that range.

I do the same thing. On a rainy day, I place my practice basket on my porch, open the sliding glass door, and shoot from the dinning room, across the living room, through the glass door, and into the basket on the porch. Its about a 40ft putt from the dinning room through the door. I don't do it much because if miss the door, the disc comes flying back in the house and usually hits something. She gets really mad when it hits the dog.

Latest posts