• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you prepare for a new season of DG?

We don't actually have seasons here. I played on Christmas <granted it was 50 with 25mph winds>. I've been swapping out my discs for Legacy replacements as they come out, only have 3 molds left to replace. SL, Starfire and Firebird.

That is nice to not have seasons but that would only be possible for me if there was a local indoor DG park. Are there any indoor parks anywhere?

I usually have the year broken down into multiple seasons since I tend to play tournaments in monthly chunks and then take time off. I always start with just going back to basic concepts that get my head right and build confidence. This goes for putting and driving. The start of the week/month leading into a tournament(or multiple) is focused on just repetition. Then I try to find competitive rounds that I use to build confidence. Once I learn my current weak points or less skilled shots, I'll go work on those until I can throw them with 100% confidence. Hopefully I can just keep repeating that until I'm confident in everything. I try to work on shots I know I'll need at tournaments. I also have to tell myself to play to my strengths when its tournament time. I don't want to throw discs or lines I'm not confident in, even if if the chance to score better is present.

Disc golf all year in Texas. If I was to take time off, although I never do, it would be in July and August.

It can be played year round anywhere. The South and California are the easiest places to do it. Here in the NW we just gear up for rain. But I know people play all over regardless of weather. I've played in snow. I know there are people in Michigan who play when the snow is 3' deep. But if you must take time off and need to prepare? I don't know. Maybe act like you're starting over. Work with your short game and drive putters for a few rounds. Then upgrade to mids and fairways. After that it's up to you.

I do yoga.

Normally in the winter i'm not playing as much and i'm working out more. So my body is not limber at all. lol

New season? I put away my winter discing clothes and break out my spring/summer/fall discing clothes.

Latest posts