• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how do you react when people throw in on you?

Instead of overreacting and making an ape of yourself , do what I do and carry a wrist rocket in your bag and a series of lead balls with polite notes explaining etiquette attached for various situations.

Last edited:
Or carry an ice pick or pen knife. Picking up the offending discs to throw or take costs you penalty throws, but there is no rule against vandalizing the offending disk with an ice pick or pen knife. Once punctured, the offending player gets penalty throws for using or carrying the disc. You can also write a note on it with a sharpie, such as "Ha! Ha! :p"

You can also write a note on it with a sharpie :p"

i like this idea. no one likes ugly looking sharpie on their discs. i could see this being effective, esp. if you leave a nasty/funny little note on it or somthin. "throw into me again and i will eat you and shart on your mothers face." anything along these lines would prob work

I got thrown on yesterday by a duo that looks like they should have known better. As they were walking down the fairway, and we was holing out, I yelled 'CLEAR!' pretty obnoxiously loud. They didn't throw on us anymore. In fact, we let them pass us, they disappeared, and as luck would have it, they turned into a 6 player blob and were not letting people play through.

This is why we love Sylmar!

when some one throws on me i spazz out and throw a hissy fit. then go home and kill a baby and drink its blood to clam me down........lol

I came up with a great reaction last night:

As the disc lands near you, stare at it, then pick it up. Slowly walk to the tee, ALL THE WAY back to the tee, hand the disc back, and calmly explain that you have not holed out yet, and am unable to concentrate when being attacked by discs. Then, slowly and calmly walk back to your end of the fairway, and finish playing.

This kind of has the effect of being pulled over while speeding....their impatience cost them the 3 extra minutes for you to walk back. Is this too douchey? Will it get my ass kicked? lol

ive thrown a guys disc deeeeep into a thorny set of bushes/woods cuz he alllmost hit my buddy while throwin on us. the best part, he was lookin for his disc after i played a whole nother round thru heh heh

I just have to reply to this, the stupidity and contradictions in these posts are just too bad to ignore, despite the time they were posted.

Okay, first off you illiterate moron, where did I EVER say I would INTENTIONALLY throw a disc at a child?

right here

and if you cut my brand new disc in half with a boxcutter I would beat your a$$ and raid your bag, or just call the cops, just because someone does something you don't like doesn't mean you can destroy their property ya schmuck.

To be in the situation where he cuts up your disc, you would have to have thrown in on his wife and child, twice. So, by responding the way you did, you implied that you would have thrown in on them in that situation. Making you the
illiterate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, Mr.FLX, What I was trying to get at is not, "Don't bring your children to the DG Course to learn the game." I was more of, "Why would you bring your children in strollers to a place that could be potentially dangerous for them?"

This bolded part is a valid concern. However, your original post...

you expect everyone on the course to sit around and wait while your stupid wife pushes around a stroller and your 3-4 yr old kids wander here and there while YOU play? ... I find that more annoying

is wholly selfish and makes you look like an inconsiderate prick. Who said his wife was not playing and just watching?

I just get very confused when I see a woman pushing a stroller around a DG Course b/c I figured it to be common since NOT to bring babies somewhere where they could be struck with an object that could cause serious physical harm.

Would you ever see someone playing ball-golf with their wife and kids being dragged around the course? I highly doubt it. There has to be some sort of respect for other players, like someone said, the taxpayers money pays for the course, well, I'm a taxpayer too, so why should I have to have my round interrupted due to someone else lacking any respect for the other players out there?

Again, trying to cover up your selfishness. Let's look at a few things here:

1. A Ball Golf course is exactly that, a ball golf course. It is a designated area set specifically and only for golfing.

now let's look at Acorn Park.

2. Well would you look at that, it says Park right in the name. Is it a course set aside solely for disc golf, and only disc golf? Do you have to pay a membership fee and have tee times? Is there speed of play guidelines? No, it is a public park.

3. Let's take a look at hole 2.
6ec42ae4.jpg

Oh, what is that? A walking path? That can't be, it's a disc golf course, not some multi-use public park where disc golfers and other park users should be respectful to each other. Where are the signs saying that ladies with children and strollers shouldn't enter because idiots throw discs at them?!?! We need those signs put up asap! I'm guessing you are the type that would throw on that hole when someone is on the walking path. I know I am a good player, and my odds of crossing the path is next to none. Would I throw while someone is on the path though? Not without them waving me through. I would stand on the pad and wait for them to go over the hill if they were walking away, or get close to me if they were walking toward the pad.

4. How is your round interrupted? Can you not respectfully ask to pass them if they don't already tell you to play through? I've always had groups let me play through, unless of course they are waiting on groups ahead of them anyway, and passing them wouldn't result in faster play. Worse comes to worse, skip one hole and play it later if you please.

5. Regardless of their speed of play, or your attitude toward other people's use your public park, nobody should ever throw onto another person.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the OP. I've never had it escalate past "Not Clear!" that I remember. I actually almost yelled at a kid the other day during leagues that told someone to kick the disc into a ravine that just went zipping past us. We waved them through, he shot an errant shot and yelled "Fore!" to make sure we were paying attention still. The kid still wanted to kick the disc into a ravine.

Last edited:
i had this happen to me last week, and the dude totally knew we were there too. i just kept my cool, gave them a simple throwing of the arms, and a simple "WHAT THE FU*CK!" My buddy was super pissed, even tho it nearly hit me and not even close to him. he then proceeded to chuck his disc deep in the woods. ive never seen my buddy get so pissed. he was ready to throw down. usually its me thats ready to exchange fists, but for some reason i really didnt care in this instance, but my boy picked up my slack..

Someone hit my wife with his disc just last week. It was in a wooded hole (left side hole 1 z-b). I walked to the disc, picked it up, and threw it 90 degrees off out of the woods into a field. I'm sure if he found it, it took a long time. IF he found it at all.

Spaz the **** out incoherently??? Unlikely. SOooo.....

me --"THAT WAS CLOSE!!!"

kid -- "That wasn't close"

me -- "CLOSE ENOUGH!!!"

Yeah, the kid doesn't even need to be out there.

This isn't most situation, sir. No profanity was used. They were 250 ft away. Was I supposed to wisper???? I frankly hope it scared 'em a little. And hope they'd never come back.

Story changed at first.....

I look back yell....and I mean YELL!!!

"NOT CLEAR!!!" -- usually

I pick it up, raise it in the air and start walking toward them....

"WHO THREW THE VIPER???? .... WHO THREW THE VIPER???"

Throw the disc back their direction into the dirt and yelled "that was too close motherf*#$^#r!!!"

Regardless, Im glad I could read your response. I thought it would be closer to you shouting in all caps: "WHO MADE THAT POST! WHO MADE THAT POST!"

I am a local to Sandy Point Resort in northern WI. Hole 13 is straight about 300 ft, but the basket is down a hill and you cannot see it or the green. I stepped up to the tee, and could hear voices from down the hill. I yelled "clear?" 3 or 4 times with no response. Hole #14 is also down that hill so I figured they were too far to hear me yelling, so I threw. I hear a "hey we're still here" so I walked down and apologized. I had smoked the poor guy in the shin, and he had blood all down his leg. His friends were laughing at him, and harassing him about not keeping track of where the disc had bounced off to after hitting him. I felt really bad at first, knowing how much a driver hurts, but these guys weren't upset. Sometimes people get hit due to honest mistakes. I felt a little better when I found out the guy I hit is from Illinois.