• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you stay cool?

Chucktown

Eagle Member
I know everyone out there is struggling with this heat, here in Missouri this week it's been around 90 with humidity between 50 and 80%. I have tried lightening my bag, drinking a lot of liquids, and putting a wet towel on my neck. But nothing really helps all that much. How do you guys beat the heat?

No beating it unless you have super powers, all you can do is cope. Water, hat, and shade are the only ways to get by. Go out early or late and take it slow.

i am from south dakota so i have no idea what you guys are going through but putting water on your neck or your head makes you dehydrated even faster, i play soccer so my coach told us this just to try and help ya out

I've been meaning to get me one of those squirt bottle fans and carry it in my extra bottle holder. I wonder if any private courses have misters at any of the tee boxes. That'd be nice.

I wear a leather jacket and go "AAAAAA" with my thumbs up. Richie and Potsy love it.

Seriously though, I shade jump and use my huk sit.

The frog togg towels are pretty bad ass

I sit in the car with the windows rolled up for like 15 minutes kinda like the sweat lodge gone bad idea but get out then I feel pretty cool the entire round.

They make mini ones. I had one I got from wally world for like 10 bucks

I drink alot of beer which helps also. Well it doesnt help sweating

Come live in texas and play for about a month. Then go back where you are. I'm sure you will be fine. at 4:45 today it is 96 degrees. 45% humidity. tomorrow high 98 Friday 97 saturday and sunday 96. so play here for a week and you can play anywhere.

Come live in texas this month and play for about a month. Then go back where you are. I'm sure you will be fine. at 4:45 today it is 96 degrees. 45% humidity. tomorrow high 98 Friday 97 saturday and sunday 96. so play here for a week and you can play anywhere.

yeah yeah yeah i've read about 1098109283 posts by people from texas calling everyone else pussies. it's about what your body is acclimated to. people who live in texas can play in texas because they live in the heat all freaking year

yeah that's what I meant by come play here for a week, then you can play anywhere. Not calling anyone a pussy. Just saying if you come play here for a week or so your body will realize 90 degrees isnt so bad.

The humidity is what the problem is. Shade is irrelevant at that point because it is hot everywhere. Water, water and more water with tons of ice is good, and Gatorade is very helpful. Pack a cooler in the car and load it with ice and drinks and hit that between rounds. I don't mind sweating, as long as it is not in my eyes. A dry towel is very helpful.

I know everyone out there is struggling with this heat, here in Missouri this week it's been around 90 with humidity between 50 and 80%. I have tried lightening my bag, drinking a lot of liquids, and putting a wet towel on my neck. But nothing really helps all that much. How do you guys beat the heat?

I work out side but don't really want to play much in this heat. What I do for work is:

I take aspirin before starting. It thins my blood and prevents the pounding headache that I sometimes get.

Wear thin, light, loose fitting clothing to help airflow.

Wear a jockstrap instead of regular underwear.

Wear a wide brimmed, mesh sided, sweat banded hat. (Or my wide white hard hat.)

I've tried those cool bandannas that you keep on your neck but a normal one kept wet works best for me.

I keep a second bandanna to wipe the sweat away.

I have to wear steel toed work boots so I wear thick wool sucks to absorb the sweat.

Drink enough cool (not iced) water to keep me peeing. (sometimes mixed with lime juice to keep my blood thin) If you're not peeing, you're becoming dehydrated.

Rest in the shade (not in the AC).

Take it slow till you get used to the heat.

Take it slow until you get used to the heat.

Aw hell, just take it slow.

I live in Texas also and the heat can get pretty ridiculous here.

Even in the middle of summer I don't find it to be too unbearable at all.

I just make sure I have plenty of water when I hit the course

Also, this may sound gross to some of you, so if it does, get over it.

If you're getting really hot when you go out, change the shorts you're wearing, and lose the undies. Put on some breathable basketball shorts and go commando underneath. I swear when my balls get good ventilation it makes a huge difference on how uncomfortable I am in the heat.

Latest posts