• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you drive your....

I can't drive with my putters, and I don't generally like to drive with my slower mids. Something about those lid rims doesn't leave my hand smoothly. If the hole is under 300' I'll usually pull out a fairway driver, maybe a Leopard, and ease off my power. At around 200' that's when I start to throw something like a Roc, or depending on the shape of the fairway maybe tomahawk or forehand a driver.

The Buzzz? Meh, it's a good disc, but again it's got too much lip for my power grip.

Ceiling is another big key here. I need to be able to get some air under a putter or even a mid to get it out past 225-250. Most holes on courses I play that are short enough for me to reach with a mid are in the woods and require a flat line, so I tend towards my XL or TL for more glide. I'll use a mid in the woods for shots up to about 200. In the open I'll use mids a bit past 250 for hyzer lines, less for straight shots and anhyzers.

I can drive 300' with a Roc, 250 with a putter, 350 with a driver, is something wrong there? RHBH

I can get my Big Bead aviar 225 typically pretty easy, maybe 250 with a little anhyzer, letting them flex. Mids (really my Stingrays are the only ones I use) I can hyzer-flip just under 300 on a good throw, but due to a lack of confidence, I'll typically use a driver for any turnovers or hyzer-flips over 275.

Latest posts