• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
Really? I've played with a number of ams that if you told them to throw 10 discs 400' they'd get 8/10 easy. One tourney i played at am1 i thought i might throw farther than the guys in my group and then we all stepped up to the first hole, 301' on flat ground, and everyone threw a mid range and reached the pin (or past it)

Seriously. Although, like I said, the sport isn't super popular in my area. Also, I've only been to like 5 or 6 tournaments ever. So, in those tournaments and playing various courses, I've never played with anyone who appeared they could throw over 400'. Now, I've played with a couple people who said they could throw over 400'. After watching them throw, there was no way in hell they could get that far since they had trouble reaching the 300' mark. I'd love to play with some guys that could bomb tho. I just think it'd be fun to watch. But so far, I've only seen long throws online.

Seriously. Although, like I said, the sport isn't super popular in my area. Also, I've only been to like 5 or 6 tournaments ever. So, in those tournaments and playing various courses, I've never played with anyone who appeared they could throw over 400'. Now, I've played with a couple people who said they could throw over 400'. After watching them throw, there was no way in hell they could get that far since they had trouble reaching the 300' mark. I'd love to play with some guys that could bomb tho. I just think it'd be fun to watch. But so far, I've only seen long throws online.

I've found big distance throwing to be a regional thing. Most of the areas that have short technical courses don't have many people that throw very far. Here in Phoenix a 400' drive is nothing special, as our courses are pretty wide open and fairly long. I would say to compete as a pro or advanced level player you would need at least a 400' drive to even be competitive.

I've played with 3 or 4 people on this forum who crack 450. Played with a local who can get to 500+.

Pretty sure New & Hammer both can get a 500'er on the right line, both have ridiculous golf distance tho. Makes me sad.

At the beginning of the year I was happy to hit 300 and my average was probably 280. Then I picked up a Champ Tern (12, 6, -2, 2 variety and not the -4 turn) and its ease of throwing allowed me to focus on my mechanics and now I can consistently hit 400 and max at about 450-480 and have even hit 500 once this year. Its not just the disc either, every disc in my bag has almost doubled in distance since I started throwing the Tern. Depending on the hole I can get a putter 300 sometimes (however the comfort range for it is 200-250).

At the beginning of the year I was happy to hit 300 and my average was probably 280. Then I picked up a Champ Tern (12, 6, -2, 2 variety and not the -4 turn) and its ease of throwing allowed me to focus on my mechanics and now I can consistently hit 400 and max at about 450-480 and have even hit 500 once this year. Its not just the disc either, every disc in my bag has almost doubled in distance since I started throwing the Tern. Depending on the hole I can get a putter 300 sometimes (however the comfort range for it is 200-250).

I think this means your technique has completed its transformation from newbie to fine tuned. I play everyday at lunch and I notice each week I getting more and more distance. I parked two drivers back-to-back today on our 388' ft. hole. Slightly downhill, but I'd never say I could throw over 350' before.

I would have to agree with you....everybody throws 500ft online. But I do agree that more popular courses can bring better talent. My local course park circle in north charleston, sc has Tuesday doubles. And I have seen several people there throw 350 to 400 with ease....passing the goal while I struggle with even getting into birdie range.

I've played with 3 or 4 people on this forum who crack 450. Played with a local who can get to 500+.

Pretty sure New & Hammer both can get a 500'er on the right line, both have ridiculous golf distance tho. Makes me sad.

Daw shucks. For the record Connor can throw the **** out of a firebird, even when he's falling.

I've been hitting 490' a lot more regularly lately. Broke 500' twice today while working on my lines with my Quasars.

I've found big distance throwing to be a regional thing. Most of the areas that have short technical courses don't have many people that throw very far. Here in Phoenix a 400' drive is nothing special, as our courses are pretty wide open and fairly long. I would say to compete as a pro or advanced level player you would need at least a 400' drive to even be competitive.

Same here. I remember last time I went to Deis Hill leagues I was throwing QOLFS about 420-430' and figured I'd have the biggest bombs out there, but there was someone on the other team on my card that was keeping up, and pushing past that. They have 800-1000' holes there.

These days I don't know anyone in person that can consistently out D me, but I know at least ten people throwing over 400', and have seen some of them hit 400' with mids and fairways too.

Daw shucks. For the record Connor can throw the **** out of a firebird, even when he's falling.

I've been hitting 490' a lot more regularly lately. Broke 500' twice today while working on my lines with my Quasars.

It's true. I think if I spent some time in the field to practice some actual distance golf lines I could break 400 every time. I'll stick to bombing my firebirds with pride. :cool:

Calm and flat conditions, I can throw my 150g star Valkyrie right at 350 ft.

Of course, wind will change my disc selection and I can get more distance by riding the wind.

Has anyone checked the way people voted. Just saw that PMcBeth voted in the 200 ft. or less category.

I barely throw 300' but my upshots and putting consistently keep me cashing*!

*In MA2 :(

Latest posts