• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far would you go to find a lost disc?

I play conservative or throw DX plastic in most high risk circumstances.

But I've almost gotten into fights over discs of mine I've found people with (the person lied they had found it, when they saw me throw it, look for it, then go to my car to put my bag up so I could jump in).

I once lost a disc in a lonely field in the middle of winter. 3 months later, I went back and got it after the snow melted. I also sent a disc into a 3ft diameter concrete drainage pipe. It was about 15 ft. in there and I crawled in through nasty water to drag it out. A few weeks later I threw the SAME DISC in the SAME PIPE and had to crawl in to get it again. Unfortunately, I've had to leave discs in the water behind because I was playing before work and didn't have a change of clothes.:mad:

It really depends on what disc. If for instance, it's an ESP Nuke (or other current massive produced disc) I'll look maybe 5-10 minutes before I shrug my shoulders and move on. That's why I have back ups of back ups of back ups. If it's something that is hard to find such as my ESP Venoms, I will not leave till I find that disc. I will camp at the hole, set up a military checkpoint at the next tee pad to makes sure that the disc wasn't found by another person. It really depends on the disc for me. I did once dive into the Spokane River in February to save my buddies disc. River was high, it was 40 degree's outside and it was getting colder by the minute. The only reason I did this for him is it was the last gift he had gotten from his Father's fiance before she passed away from brain stem cancer. He was in tears about it and before I could even contemplate it I was in the river. We ended the round right after that as I didn't want hypothermia. To this day, anytime he pulls that disc out, he gives me a hug. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy :)

good story :clap:

It really depends on what disc. If for instance, it's an ESP Nuke (or other current massive produced disc) I'll look maybe 5-10 minutes before I shrug my shoulders and move on. That's why I have back ups of back ups of back ups. If it's something that is hard to find such as my ESP Venoms, I will not leave till I find that disc. I will camp at the hole, set up a military checkpoint at the next tee pad to makes sure that the disc wasn't found by another person. It really depends on the disc for me. I did once dive into the Spokane River in February to save my buddies disc. River was high, it was 40 degree's outside and it was getting colder by the minute. The only reason I did this for him is it was the last gift he had gotten from his Father's fiance before she passed away from brain stem cancer. He was in tears about it and before I could even contemplate it I was in the river. We ended the round right after that as I didn't want hypothermia. To this day, anytime he pulls that disc out, he gives me a hug. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy :)

Bravo brave soul:clap:

Look for as long as your wages allow. 20/hr job * 15 dollar disc = 45 minute search ( or half with two people.). 15/ hr job * 10 dollar disc = 40 minute search...and so on.

the real question is, would you have jumped into the water if there were hundreds of little people rafting? ;)

I'm deathly afraid of midgets but that made me laugh

Latest posts