• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How is no one talking about Cameron Colglazier?

I actually have heard of him now that I remember. He came in and shot -11 on Swope Gold before the KCWO winning league by 5 strokes over Matty O. Kid can crush!

Yea he missed that 25'er on hole 1, remember? Probably not, but I do!

Oh, I remember. B/C Hastings gave up the title on that 1 hole alone. But yeah, the kid pured hole 1 during finals last year and bonked the putt. He didn't miss anymore after that if I remember correctly.

hasnt he been hiding in southern nats tho....good player...Matty O helped a lot...

He also should have won am worlds last year...he missed like 3 or 4 putts in the final nine...KG just played solid enough to win...9 more and CC wouldve have taken it away

Thanks for most of the kind words everybody haha, good to know I have some haters, i must be doing something right! Just to clear some things up, I'm sponsored by Innova, UB Discgolf, and The Journey Post. I have a baseball background, high school and college and that really helped in my improving. Matty O also helped me out a lot in the past year, great guy! I picked up my first disc 2 years and 2 months ago, but believe me I practice a whole lot. Just shows you can do anything with some focus and a good drive. Thank you to whoever started this thread, I really appreciate it!

^^ Tim just wants Cameron to make the winning putt in next years world with the Aviar he traded/sold him ;)

In February he led the South Alabama team out of the woodwork to win the Alabama Slammer collegiate tournament very convincingly. I don't remember how many strokes (edit: just looked it up, it was 16), but they locked it up with one round left to play. This was his first collegiate event, competing against established (and good) schools like NC State, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and hosts Alabama.

After that, USA were a number of people's favorite to win Collegiate Nats. They took second to another supergroup from Colorado State, and Cameron took second in individual play. So I'd say a lot of collegiate players were talking about him.

I thought so...I remember you had a wanted thread or posted somewhere for one. I like to hoard them, but if you ever truly NEED one, I'm always willing to help out a fellow 10x Aviar fan. They are putting perfection IMO. :)

Tim S.

In Kenny's defense he played in pro this year... Dont know the guy, met him once, just sayin.

Even this years winning am score of -44 is small against the winning pro round of -83 by McBeth.

Kenny lives close to me. He took a very good full time job that pays a lot of cash. He plays very little each week now. He's ok playing mediocre golf at Worlds. He can actually afford to have some fun out there instead of being pissed off about the payouts.

coming from a 17 year old I think that rapid improvement comes in the late teens. I have been playing on and off (Couple times a month) since I was about 10 and recently started actually playing multiple rounds a week last summer and the improvement is rapid when you are young and are able to play often. Not only in this sport but all other sports. Some kids step on a baseball or football field one year to the next and be completely different players and everyone being like where did this guy come from. When you are young your body matures and it is easier to get the muscle memory down. Also it appears as if he was a high school baseball player and from my experience with friends and me is that it comes a lot more naturally for athletes espically baseball players and when you can begin to work on the mechanics you can become great. Hopefully I can progress as quick as him but that is an impressive feat. It is also amazing how much you can loose in a few weeks by not being able to play bc of Hs football practice, baseball practice, homework etc.

Not only does Cam have the physical game, he also has the mental fortitude and competitive drive to win at this sport.

I played skins with him at Hotlanta the week before Worlds. Cam placed 4th in Open and didn't appear to be overly pleased with his play. We did "ok" during the skins match (1 skin and a couple of pushes), but I could tell his mind was on how he had played and also thinking about Charlotte already. I thought it would be very interesting to see how he handled himself a week after a "disappointing" finish. He obviously put a week of practice in Charlotte to good use to a very good finish at Worlds, but I have a feeling that he won't be satisfied until he wins it all. He's a competitor through-and-through.

I wasn't bad mouthing Kenny by any means. He played our courses perfectly. I'm just saying I'm surprised to see Cameron doing so well while Kenny an Hastings were struggling, not to take anything away from Cam either.

I haven't seen him play but since I moved south he's one of the biggest name players in SN. Can't say I went out of my way when I lived in KY to figure out who he or any of the other SN players were. Guess it comes down how much you want to pay attention to. There are other great players down here, but Matty-O and Cameron get the most exposure because they play both PDGA and SN. The only real difference I see between SN and PDGA in terms of generating top players is that in SN its all word of mouth on a player's reputation while PDGA is about the rating you have besides your name.

Well Cameron, you better learn to be a little more mean. Danielle likes you too much...

-Mark

Latest posts