• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long between aces?

Never....so, 4.1 years.

I have thrown a double eagle, I have skipped a disc off the top of a basket twice ( 184' and 243'), I have hit the cage on two different occasions ( 284' and 243' ), and have had a disc try to taco thru the cage and get stuck ( 243' ). I have a pic of that one I need to post here and in the missed ace thread.

Still no Ace yet.

Last edited:
Played almost daily when I was in my twenties in the '90s, had 9 aces from '96-'00. (Two with Barracudas!)

Have played about twice a month since then. One ace in 2007 and that's it.

Hit my first ace ever on February 10, 2014 during a casual round solo on my lunch break. Hit my second two weeks ago on May 11th and my third today....both witnessed and during club events.

Peaks and valleys, fits and starts. That's what aces are all about.

11215051_10206348980620198_6251042198013362980_n.jpg

I've hit at least 1 per year since my first in my 3rd year of playing. Generally only 1-2, but one year I exploded for like 7. Already got 2 this year, not including the black ace and the cubby ace. Both in tourneys; hit my first pdga tourney ace yesterday.

hit my first pdga tourney ace yesterday.

Congrats on that one. I heard, but didn't see, the other one that cut your Ace Pool winnings in half. I was waiting in the shade between 17 & 18 when he hit it on 17 ... with some tree love.

I'll have to look at my discs, but I think it has now been about a decade since my last ace. All of them (six?) were between 2001 and 2005 or 2006.

It took me six yrs to get the first one..
after that it was two in about a one month span
and then two in a one month span a year later
followed by #5 10 months later, which was last week

And just snagged career ace #5, making it my third this month. It's about time to start a long drought I would guess.

Got my first ace nine months after playing my first round. Waited over a year to get my second, but got my third two weeks after it. Pretty sure I'm due to wait another decade for my fourth.....