• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Still haven't gotten one started last summer. Stopped playing in fall , winter broke my wrist in a snowboarding accident, couldn't play until end of spring, but now I am back in full stride still waiting for #1.

about a year, my first ace was a blind dogleg left 280 ft with a 168 Star Eagle

Still waiting after 6 years... i've hit a couple long second shots (longest around 250 ft) but no aces. :mad:

I hated that, I hit a couple 250'+ "fairway aces" before I got my first ace, it was really frustrating.

The best thing to keep in mind is that an ace is a lucky mistake. Your disc shouldn't be flying that high, nor that fast, right next to the basket. A miss will put your disc well away from it.

In leagues I play for the birdie at all times, often coming up several feet short of the basket. The other week I played the whole course with friends and aimed for an ace the entire round. Horrendous score. Sure aces are the honey in this super sweet sport, but in regards to skill, I'm not too sure.

Wish I could give reps on this post.

++1

Just got my first one last night (07/30/09) I'm so glad I played a round before work. I have been playing recreational/consistently for around 2 years

Got one after about ten months of playing.
I was visiting a course out of town.
There are people who have been playing my home course (Castle Hayne, NC) for years without an Ace.

Got my First Ace Yesterday!

I was in Colorado for vacation and managed to make it over to Beaver Ranch. It is a great course. I didn't take my full bag with me because I flew out. I only had 5 discs with me but that actually didn't hurt my game. I hit a lot of trees yesterday but managed to throw straight down the fairway (alley between the trees) on a couple of holes. One of those was Hole 7. I teed off with my Buzz FLX, 169g because it was a 177 ft hole. I was pleased that it was flying straight down the fairway and wasn't even thinking about it going in when it smashed dead center in the chains. It was amazing. I normally play by myself, but yesterday I had witnesses so that made it even sweeter.

1 Year, 3 Months until my first ACE. :D

My first Ace came about 2 years ago, 215' straight hole with trees on either side of the basket. I just ripped a Buzzz in a line drive and it smashed the chains. It took me 5 years to get my first ace, I had hit the chains and a few baskets before that but nothing ever dropped. Just this year I have 4 Aces and now I am at the point where on a few of the holes at my local course I go for the Ace and have come close a few times, in fact I aced a hole a few weeks ago that no one has aced before, ever.

Aces and Beginners Luck

About two months after I first learned to play I sunk an Ace on hole 8 at the Bijou Course in South Lake Tahoe. It was a great thing to get me addicted to it. Now i have played for another two years since that time, I have hit chains, posts, and other areas of the basket at least a couple dozen times now. Last week i even hit a 285 ft par 3 dead on in the middle of the chains. It hit with so much force it pushed it right back out of the chains and onto the ground. So in 2 1/2 years i have just one ace to my credit, and it was definitely a case of beginners luck. I just wish I could get some of it back.

About two months after I first learned to play I sunk an Ace on hole 8 at the Bijou Course in South Lake Tahoe. It was a great thing to get me addicted to it. Now i have played for another two years since that time, I have hit chains, posts, and other areas of the basket at least a couple dozen times now. Last week i even hit a 285 ft par 3 dead on in the middle of the chains. It hit with so much force it pushed it right back out of the chains and onto the ground. So in 2 1/2 years i have just one ace to my credit, and it was definitely a case of beginners luck. I just wish I could get some of it back.

oh yeah me too, mine was my 4th time playing, had been for 3 weeks. Just threw one out rhfh and nice ~180' downhill. bam right in the basket. I mean I don't suck, lol, but 4th time... definately luck ;)

Been playing for 2 months now, almost got my first ace at Douglas Park in Springfield, IL. It literally grazed the chains, such heartbreaking but it got me even addicted. I've been having more and more close calls nowadays.

2 years and counting. Nothing yet :(

I play 2-3 times per week and have had numerous bounce outs though. If I could just find 150' holes that are blind I could do it. For some reason I can make amazing blind second shots but can't make the amazing tee shot. Oh well, I'll take a birdie any day.

One and Only

I got my first ace about 4 months into playing. Short, blind hole, at the same level ass the tee. I normally don't go for the ace because if I miss the disc will travel too far from the pin for an easy birdie. This time I was aiming short like normal but it happened to hit the dirt and skip in.
Lost that disc the next week sadly (Talon). But the first toss on the replacement go-to driver (Venom) hit the basket from 410'.
Been playing for 4 years casually since then and haven't gotten one since. But like I said. I play it safe and don't go for them. If its close, it's a mistake.

Just got my first last Sunday, 18 @Kentwood. 232' nothing but chains! Ive been playing pretty regular for about a year now. Ive had close calls, but this one finally stayed in!! I used a slightly worn DX gazelle. I was lucky that my friend was with me so I have a witness not to mention we have a 1 and 5 ongoing bet. $1 for metal $5 for an ace.

Took me about a year or so, 10 months atleast to get my first. I only have two.

My friend who's been playing a year or just a little over has 12. He once got 3 in one week and his most recent was just last Saturday and Sunday. Legit aces by the way, not multiple throws.

Took me about a year or so, 10 months atleast to get my first. I only have two.

My friend who's been playing a year or just a little over has 12. He once got 3 in one week and his most recent was just last Saturday and Sunday. Legit aces by the way, not multiple throws.
sounds like he is very good.

Latest posts