• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Iv'e gotten two with a meetup group and won $200 and $250. the meetup group has been together 3.5 yr's and I'm the oonly won to hit an ace and now twice.
I have 8 others. First one took 8-10 mo after started playing

Iv'e gotten two with a meetup group and won $200 and $250. the meetup group has been together 3.5 yr's and I'm the oonly won to hit an ace and now twice.
I have 8 others. First one took 8-10 mo after started playing

3.4 years. Just got one this moring.!:D

Sweet Midnight! congrats. What disc and what course hole.

I wish I had gotten a pic of the hole because I though there was one on the site, but its the wrong pic. I did get a pic of the disc in the basket

Hole #9, TC Jester Park, Houston, TX , short tee, 210ft, blind hyzer hole. Can't see the basket at all from the tee. I though my Discraft Force on a hard hyzer. I pretty much almost threw it straight up in the air, at about a 70degree angle. It went up and came down in the area were I figured the basket was, and I thought , "Damn, that is going to be close".

Then, we heard what sounded like the chains on the basket , exploding. I looked at my friend, and said, "There ain't no way that went in, that had to be a blow through, because in was coming in at such a steep angle. We walked around the corner , and there was the disc sitting in the basket. I couldn't believe it, my first ace. It totally kicked ass:

Ace.jpg

Still haven't got one on a basket course! I'm like the ace curse. No one has ever even gotten one in any group I've played in! Needless to say I never join an ace fund!

It took me almost one year. Hole 6 at David Imbrock Memorial DGC in Kendallville, IN. The guy who turned me onto disc golf was w/ me, which was nice. He's still looking for his first. But I'll tell you one thing, you start looking for the next ace the minute you hit your first. You start to think you have a chance on any hole w/in range. At least that's my take on it

Lets see...i started playing disc golf on 10/15/09 and I got my first and only ace On 12/7/09 at 4:32pm, hole 1 dupree park, jacksonville, arkansas. Such an awesome feeling, glad I had a buddy there to see it

Because the hole was a blind, hyzer hole, I didn't get to see it go in the basket. I wasn't even sure it was in the basket. The chains were extremely loud, but I thought it might have blown through. Not till I walked around the corner, did I see the disc in the basket.

I've been playing almost every weekend for the past 2 1/2 years, never got an ace. Come close a few times, but no glory. Now I'm not looking for an ace, just trying to perfect my form for longer drives, and learn more types of shots.

The main thing is, just try to get close, that is all I was trying to do. I wasn't going for an Ace, or even thinking of getting an ace.

Took me about 8 months.

I now have 5 aces, and 1 ace pot throw off ace.

I average one about every 6 months. I've gotten paid for two of them.

180$ , 88$, and 32$ for the ace pot throw off ace.