• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long do you search for your discs?

A couple weeks ago my buddy tossed his disc into some thick brush so i helped him look. I found it 5 minutes later and it was sitting directly on top of a pro destroyer.

I found a FLX Buzzz the same way.

I look as long as it takes me to realize im not going to find it.

I'll look as long as it takes me. I usually am good about watching my disc fly and keeping in mind where it lands.

Depends on the value (both monetary and sentimental) of the disc and how formidable the hazard is that its lost in. Needless to say, when I see something that has a decent chance of swallowing my plastic something cheap and unsentimental is being thrown.

All day, into the night with a flashlight. And if that fails, early early in the morning.

Like Albino said, look until you find it. I spent over an hour and a half looking for a disc last Thursday. I lost one in a tournament this weekend and sent my dad, also my caddy for the day, looking for it until he found it. He found a new unmarked disc for himself as well.

I usually search until I find it. I have only lost two discs total and had to give up on account of failing light or family wanting to leave. I have searched for close to two hours some times. At this time I don't really use any throw away discs in my bag but if I did I think I would not look as long.

I almost always look until I find it. The two memorable times I didn't were 1) when some kid came riding his bike across the field where I was practicing, leaned over, grabbed my disc, and rode away and 2) when I shanked one into a swamp in Florida somewhere and the guy I was playing with advised me not to go in after it because of the gator living there.

Other than that, I see the time spent looking as punishment for screwing up the throw in the first place :)

Interesting. So does that mean you should have a timepiece in tournament play?

Just in case there wasnt sarcasim there, yes there is a timepiece. Alot of times its not strictly enforced unless its really packed and people are waiting.
I usually dont look to long unless its one or two of my babies. I have a couple of junkers that are there for that reason.

i look until it's found in casual play...tourney time i have been lucky enough to never lose one, but have seen it happen..i have been lucky that i only lose discs in water...i have always found the "in the schule" plastic eventually..

i look until it's found in casual play...tourney time i have been lucky enough to never lose one, but have seen it happen..i have been lucky that i only lose discs in water...i have always found the "in the schule" plastic eventually..

Another case for floating discs.;)

I will search for about 30 mins if thrown in the water (as long as its not to deep). On land I will search as long as I can.

Generally too long but I gave up on my Teebird and Roc at Renny pretty quickly, those briers did not look inviting, and I've been in some briers.

Generally too long but I gave up on my Teebird and Roc at Renny pretty quickly, those briers did not look inviting, and I've been in some briers.

Renny really did tear you up. Great course. Especially if masochism is your thing. But then I like pain and from your review I guess you do also.

Renny really did tear you up. Great course. Especially if masochism is your thing. But then I like pain and from your review I guess you do also.

yeah, you're talking to a guy that has literally taken a machete out to a course to get a disc back.

Latest posts