• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you carry in your bag?

I have around 18 most of the time, but many of those are simply backups or only used for certain shots.
1 Star Xcal, 172.-one of the most predictable discs I have ever thrown. for any distance hyzer.
2 Star Destroyers, 168 and 170. main distance drivers.
1 Star Wraith, 165-for rollers, hyzer flips, and anhyzers. (It's beat in to death)
1 SD Diablo, 172.5. main hyzer flipper.
1 Champ Orc, 175-backup distance driver.
1 Champ Starfire, 175. backup for the Xcal.
1 Pro Eagle, 175. it's one of the older KC's. for anything overhand.
1 DX Eagle, 168, but there's a huge chunk out of the side of it. fairway hyzers.
1 DX TeeBird, 171. main fairway driver.
1 DX Viper, 170's. shorter, sharper hyzers.
1 DX Stingray, 178. annies, and short rollers.
3 DX rocs, 173, 180, and 178. yeah.
1 aviar P & A. 168. distance putts.
1 JK aviar-X, 166. main putter/anything under 200 except distance putts.

Ten discs total. I carry nine regulars and one temp that changes often. I really could get by with 3-4 discs total, but right now I carry:

Polaris LS
Spare Polaris LS
Illusion
Archangel
Champ Leopard
Champ Tee Bird (This my current temp)
Impact
Element
Aero
#2 Putter

FWIW I have a twenty disc bag but (since I hurt my back) it's just too darned heavy to lug around. I do take it to the course occasionally. I just recently got back to my regular nine. I was carrying many more mids till I started to get my power and form back.

I dont feel like 20 is too much, i mean thats how many i carry and i use most of mine during a round. it just depends on where im playing and what shot is required. i would only have about 16-17 but here lately ive been finding a lot of no name/no number discs.

2 Star Destroyer- distance driver, the 2nd is beat in and is my max d flick
1 Champ Orc- go to disc/ace disc
1 Millenium solf- "orc backup/shots close to water"
1 Star Boss- big hyzer shots, skip shots
1 Star Tee Rex- long/straight drives/ace disc
1 Star Max- Flick shot
1 Discraft Force- just found it recently, might replace my destroyer
1 Star Tl-straight or long turnover shot
1 Champion Teebird- just found it, not really sure if i like it
1 Elite z Crush-"
1 dx cheetah-"
1 Millenium sols-turnover shot

1 Roc bottom- go to midrange
1 12x kc roc -overstable mid
1 flx buzzz- cold weather, overstable mid
1 star kite- way understable, turnover mid

1 "X" putter- my old/new go to putter, since i lost my ryhno in water
1 kc aviar- just bought it to try it out

i have two more, i just cant remember what they are off the top of my head, just found them the other day.

2 putters (86 mold Softie)
2 Super Rocs
2 Sidewinders
1 Orc
2 Bosses
2 X-Calibers

I carry a back-up for each disc that I use (except the Orc) in case I put one in the water or need to throw the same type shot again (and I need to leave the previously thrown disc as the marker).

175 Champ Boss
175 Pro Destroyer
175 DX Destroyer
175 Star Max
175 Star Wraith
175 Champ Beast
171 Star Valk
170 Champ Groove
167 Star Roadrunner
166 Champ Beast
170 Star Eagle
170 DX Eagle
180 KC Pro Roc
168 DX Roc
180 DX Wolf
172 DX Cro
175 DX Aviar
170 R-Pro Aviar
166 DX Aviar

I carry 19 discs when I'm using a bag.

JK Aviar-X
Aviar P&A (probably will switch to an Aviar Driver in this slot soon)
3 Rocs (1 Dx - 2 KC Pro)
Pro Line Cobra
Champ Spider
Gazelle
Cheetah
DX TeeBird
Star Eagle-X
3 Sidewinders (Star, 150g Champ, & a beat DX)
3 Valkyries (2 DX, 1 Champ)
Star Beast
Pro Starfire

I have around 18 most of the time, but many of those are simply backups or only used for certain shots.

1 JK aviar-X, 166. main putter/anything under 200 except distance putts.

Ok, what is a "distance putt"?:confused:

i tend not to use a particular disc for very long. one hole i will use my boss and then the next two i will use my orc and then the next i will use my dragon. if i use a disc too long it turns bad really really fast. i carry about 15 to keep things fresh with every throw.

I carry 30 depending on the course, some times I will bring 2 or 3 on shorts course but if I'm playing a great tournament course or pro course it's 30, but about 5 of them are back ups to my essential drivers.

I only carry six.

2 Drivers
2 Fairway Drivers
2 Mid Range
0 Putter - Not a fan of putters. I always use my wolf to putt. Love that thing.

I carry about 12.... however my last tourney a guy threw the 6th best score throwing only a star wraith. he was carrying a banger but decided he wanted to put with the wraith....

Hey Midnight, I have a very drastic switch in form once I get under 50'. From about 50'-40', I throw with the DX aviar. Inside that, I switch to the JK pro aviar. I get better distance out of the DX, probably because it's just a little less stable.

I have 17 Discs in my bag, but only 6 different molds:

2 Wraiths (Star and Pro)
2 Champion Firebirds
1 Roadrunner
3 Champions Teebirds
4 Rocs(3 KC 1 DX)
5 KC Aviars

Hey Cincy Rocs, just wondering why you would need 5 of the same aviar? Practice?

Hey Midnight, I have a very drastic switch in form once I get under 50'. From about 50'-40', I throw with the DX aviar. Inside that, I switch to the JK pro aviar. I get better distance out of the DX, probably because it's just a little less stable.

Hey Cincy Rocs, just wondering why you would need 5 of the same aviar? Practice?

I carry 3 Magnets. One to putt with, one for approach and one as a back up, and for putting warm ups before the round

Latest posts