• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
I have about 20 discs in total, But i have bought more like 50+...just happen to have bad luck with water and the forest.

i probably have roughly 1000, 10-13 in the bag, another 30-40 backup throwers, the rest either collectibles or tourney leftovers- need to sell off a chunk of that stuff.

All totaled I have about fifty. One bag of ten practice putters. One bag of ten discs that I carry on the course. One bag of about twenty that are either spares or that rotate in and out of my play lineup. And a box of about ten mistakes. (Discs that are too fast or overstable for me. Or for various reasons that I can't control.)

I have around 20 in total. If I were to get anymore I am pretty sure my wife would lose her mind. She really tries to understand my obsession with the game, and she has even gone to the practice field with me to work on her throw. I would like to get a few more but I have to be careful.

Probably about 40 or so, 24 or something in my bag plus a trunk full of backups, discs I don't really care for, and old beat up discs.

i probably have roughly 1000, 10-13 in the bag, another 30-40 backup throwers, the rest either collectibles or tourney leftovers- need to sell off a chunk of that stuff.

1000? thats a lot of backups. I assume you meant 100

No I'm sure John means 1000 - he used to sell discs (as did I)
I've probably got upwards of 800 - lots of old collectible stuff, fastbacks, other whamos, tons of old golf plastic.

When you order 200-500 at a time, it's real easy to add 20-30 at a time to the stash - rare colors - perfect weights, gotta have that one, and that one, and that one........:D

I've currently got 64 with 7 or 8 on the way...10 of which are just practice putters. I usually carry around 16 in my bag, but probably only throw 6 or 7 of those in a given round...less if I'm playing really well.

I have sixteen discs, one of which is my fiancee's. I will have seventeen shortly when my ESP Comet arrives.

I likely have too many molds for a beginner, but I have uses for each disc in my bag. I have been playing for about a year now. I have something like 11 different molds. I only have multiples of two molds at the moment.

I usually use 6 to 8 different discs on a given round.

No I'm sure John means 1000 - he used to sell discs (as did I)
I've probably got upwards of 800 - lots of old collectible stuff, fastbacks, other whamos, tons of old golf plastic.

When you order 200-500 at a time, it's real easy to add 20-30 at a time to the stash - rare colors - perfect weights, gotta have that one, and that one, and that one........:D

yep, i mean 1000. it's also easy to add to the stash if you run a lot of tournaments (which i have over the years) because there are always leftovers. craig undoubtedly has more truly collectible stuff than i do.

I'm in the same boat as Biscoe although my total is more than his and Craigers combined. There are several ebay gems in the stacks whenever I decide to sell them. There are also some real clunkers. Should probably run a fundraiser event for the next blue basket at Bluemont or more direct hit flags for Giles. $10 entry fee and every participant gets one clunker chosen randomly from a bag. Maybe sweeten it with a gem for first place.

yep, i mean 1000. it's also easy to add to the stash if you run a lot of tournaments (which i have over the years) because there are always leftovers. craig undoubtedly has more truly collectible stuff than i do.

Im officially jealous then...I want to hit triple digits before I die

I only have 30, and some of them are sitting in a pond and some were freebies. I would say I have probably 6-8 putters for practicing so I don't have to go back and forth to pick up a single putter.

I own 7 (6 bought, 1 found). Plus I bought 7 for the youth group I lead, and they already had 4. So I have access to 18, I guess. But I plan on buying more (for me) eventually. First I'm going to learn the ones I have, based on advice from seasoned veterans here.

I have around 20 in total. If I were to get anymore I am pretty sure my wife would lose her mind. She really tries to understand my obsession with the game, and she has even gone to the practice field with me to work on her throw. I would like to get a few more but I have to be careful.

Luckily for me, the gf understands the plastic addiction, and has a minor one herself, so I don't get in trouble for having discs around everywhere. Most of them stay in the trunks of our cars though, as we take lots of friends out to play or drive to a practice field, and it's nice to have extras/loaners along. After dating a girl who is almost as into the sport as I am, I'm not sure I could be with someone who doesn't understand the addiction.

Latest posts