• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
I've been playing disc sports since about 1979 and I own about 800 discs. Couldn't begin to tell you how many of what kind.

I know I know..........but my basement is more fun than yours :)

Last edited:
I've been playing disc sports since about 1979 and I own about 800 discs. Couldn't begin to tell you how many of what kind.

I know I know..........but my basement is more fun than yours :)

I bet you have some old discs. Do you have any unique old discs that are worth some $$$$?

My wife thinks I've gone overboard by owning 22 discs. I can't imagine what'd she say if i had as many as some of you guys.

Yeah, I've all kinds of lids, a great HDX collection, a bunch of midnight flyers, original eagles (the first beveled edge golf disc) a little bit of everything. I sold about 100 discs on ebay a few years ago and got close to 4K out of it. So I don't have quite as many nice ones as I used to :(
But its fun to be able to walk people through the history of golf plastic and let em finger it all at the same time.

I have 20 Discs and been playiny 6 months. I have finally found the Discs that I like.

I think we all have said that, but check back in another 6 months and see what you have. I am always looking for that driver that will go straighter or longer or the putter that will always go in! :) Especially if your friends get a new disc that makes them better, you want it too!!!

Also, when I find something I like, I buy several of them.

Plus all the companies keep making new models and plastics and copying each other. It reminds a little of how baseball cards went from 1 company pre 1981, 5 companies in the 80's, and then too many to count and collect in the 90's. The prices also went up sharply. And each company made several sets at various qualities (standard-premium). Sound like discs to anyone else?

correction

fifteen

e3af_1.jpg

BEAUTIFUL I TELL YA! :)

Does anyone know OU_Steve from Pin High Disc Golf Sales on ebay? Lots of dyed discs....

Last edited:
I have been playing since the late 80's, something like 87 or so and have about 30 discs. I would have a lot more but I give away any discs I don't use to schools (our local Catholic school has a disc golf section in Phy Ed), people I meet on courses that don't have much or neighborhood kids ( and their partents)I have seen playing on a course or at the very least express interest.

I am up to 103. I used to have tons of different models, but am working on getting multiple of each mold I like now. That way when they stop making a particular version (i.e. CE ) I will have a back up.

24. Use 5-6 on my home course but it's easy so more on other courses. Lost one, Champion Wraith.

An update for me I am now up to 29. Mostly different molds to figure out if I like them, and a couple dupes of the ones I know I will want to carry for a while (Stingray and Shark)

as my gf just told me hearign the crash of one of the many boxes filled with plastic in the closet....

Too Many!....

just kidding, you can never have enough. the problem is when you get like me adn refuse to give up any of them except a few. i think each container i have holds 25 discs and theres a stack of 5 full and one half full (11 if my count is good from here). my bag has 17 in it. so thats 153 or something like that.

I have abot 15 disc bagged...mainly drivers....a few mids and a couple putters...I've owned around 25 and been playing about 3 years.... you'll always loose your favorite disc.....:eek:

I never understood how all those DG disc makers could stay in business until now.

I never keep more than 10. Just give them to the local course for loaners, or to people interested in starting DG.

30+ maybe 40 and counting. I've lost a few here and there (mainly to water hazards). My wife gets on to me everytime I make a purchase, questioning my need for another. I understand where she's coming from, but I just flat out enjoy discs. I've been known to give some away here in there, particularly to people who are new to the sport and don't have much to begin with. I just hooked up my buddy with a Boss because it proved to be too overstable for me. He's got quite the arm that I don't have. They're like women in that they come and go and yet you just can't seem to get enough of them.

How many discs do you own?

I couldn't find where this had been posted before, so I thought I'd see how many discs people have lying around.

Being new to disc golf, I have 11 discs of varying molds, plastics, and weights.

Should I get more discs? (probably a dumb question :D)

How many discs do you actually use when you play 18 holes? :confused: (I usually use around 6)