• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs is too many?

number of discs owns would be a funny number in your sig.

anybody want to do a full count and keep it updated...i'm scared that the number will keep going up.

How many is too many? 6.023 x 10^23 is definitely too many.
Let's see how many folks recognize that number...

:popcorn:

lol that is me. Level 3.

i actually sold a buzzz and post a picture of a buzzz and some guy tried to buy it....he said i already have that buzzz in my hands....huh...i had two identical discs but didn't realize it. he must have thought i was crazy...i just told him wrong picture here is the correct one...and he just found it funny that he owned the disc in picture and wanted a backup just like it. lol

here are a few destroyers....

total discs i have is kinda scary number but probably in the 400 range, hell lets say 500 to be safe.

i should get that number down to 250 even that is a lot of plastic.

Nikon00003638.jpg

Looks like a new elnino test!

First the quarters, now just the straight up stack.

I personally have 54 discs, 4 on the wall, 24 in my bag and 26 in the house and in my trunk. I'm pretty certain I have a problem, How many do you have?

Depends. I maintain four bags. A primary of 9-10 discs, a backup of 20, a work truck bag of 9-10 and a putter bag of 10. Plus a box of about 20 miscellaneous discs. It works for me but I'm not a collector or trader. All mine are throwers.

Let's see.... my primary bag has about 22. My backup bag about 30. 15 in my putter bag. 20 on the wall. 20 or so collectors that arent on the wall. maybe 20 extras on a shelf. probably 130-150 total.

I like to collect OOP discs, regardless of manufacturer. My disc purchasing will likely slow down now that I mainly just throw Vibram and I have backups for my primary discs.

I impulsively bought about 60 discs, all weighing 175g within 2 months of starting to play disc golf. Now that I've settled in throwing discs around 167-168g, I have tons of discs I haven't thrown in a year, and probably never will throw again. I've definitely bought over 100 in total, but have since given away 30 to friends in my attempts to get them to play, and plan on donating another 20 to a local DG course (apparently some idiots stole all the discs that the course had provided for free for new players).

I'm not quite sure what to do with the other 40-ish that I have laying around. I think I'll just wait to hear about a youth group or league starting up, and see if they'd just like them to start their own collections.

You could always put them up in the market place for 5-10 a pop and then use the money to buy yourself a practice basket or new discs.

usualy when I hit 50 or so I throw a 10-pack on Ebay. I think I'm gonna hoard up a solid #, then UNLOAD to buy new plastic.

a thought, you have too many when (add or take away to this : )

1) you don't have enough room for your discs
2) when you are buying discs on credit
3) when you can tell you have some sort of mental issue of over collecting

I've been playing and buying discs for the the past 28 years and have hundreds even after selling and giving away hundreds!! Many boxes of plastic. I did find a football stamped Roc (first run) and 2 "Rings Rocs" (second run)!

I've got close to 40 rhynos, 15 spiders, 25 eagles, and 20 monsters. Add about 30 junk discs in to the mix. Plenty of backups for me!

i like to try and stay at 100 or less but sometimes it's tough. mostly have my throwers and backups. but it's always nice to have other random discs to tinker with.

I personally have 54 discs, 4 on the wall, 24 in my bag and 26 in the house and in my trunk. I'm pretty certain I have a problem, How many do you have?

you don't have a problem......when you hit 1000 plus and you don't own a disc golf store........then you have a problem;)