• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs with unique, non-stock stamps in your bag?

How many non-stock stamps do you carry?

• NONE!!

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Eh, I've got 1 or 2 in the bag

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • A few, but not the majority

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • I carry a PLETHORA

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • 100% unique just like a snowflake

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Um...

Double Eagle Member
I'll start by saying that I've not really gone out of my way to seek out and play with "non-stock" stamped discs in my bag, but have somehow managed to end up with 10 out of the 13 discs I carry having unique stamps. These stamps include X-outs, CFR stamps, and one-off mfg stamps (wiped stamps and dyes don't count).

Recently I was practice putting out at my local course and someone picked up one of my Handeye stamped Judges, and asked me where I got "the cool Wizard". I laughed and showed him it was a Judge, but it got me thinking that it can sometimes be pretty difficult to figure out what people are throwing when they don't have the stock stamps.

How many uniquely stamped discs do you regularly carry?

Before I can answer, do you consider a misprint stamp to be unique or non-stock?

Often manufaturers use their best plastic for tournament discs.

Half of my bag is random tourney stamps, I don't particularly care but if I have the choice between a stock stamp and something different at the same price I'll grab the interesting one.

Most of my bag is. I prefer almost anything (besides poorly done tournament stamps) over a stock stamp.

Just my wizards, i got a small stack of superman foil stamps from a TD in KY and I bought all the DD stamped SSSS wizards i could before they started producing discs themselves.

I wipe most of my stock stamps, but my favorite stamp is on a 2004 champ glow TL with Bigfoot fighting some aliens. It's super weird, and I love it!

Most of my stock stamps are wiped & dyed. I prefer to give them a bit of character. I will leave cool / unique / tourney stamps though.

As of now, I have 14 tourney or unique stamped discs that go in and out of my bag depending on weather. I do not have any unique stamped fairways or else 80-90% of my bag would be tourney/unique stamped.

I voted PLETHORA

Blue Ribbon Pines SSS Wizard, New Glarus Z Buzzz, Marin Sports/Grinder misprint Pinnacle Patriot.

I usually prefer stock stamps, but I don't get in a twist about it.

Lets see ... OMO Wizard, Excitement Squall, Ice Bowl Eagle, and an Am Worlds Hurricane.

Some times it's quite a few more. I have a few more unique Wizards that get cycled in to my putting putter rotation, and a couple more OMOs that get cycled into my throwing putter rotation.

My full bag (tourneys, new course) has a LE Tesla, and MVP Proto putter. I sometimes (very rarely) carry a X-out Magic, or AR Zombee.

My normal bag is all stock MVP.

Unique stamps that I currently bag: Blank SSS Wizard, X-Out Evo Wizard, DD SE Drone, Minnesota Majestic GLO FLX Drone, Tourney stamp ESP Force, Dyemax Stiletto, Tourney stamp Crytzal Buzzz and Drone.

If it's in my bag, it's dyed.

Unless it's a putter(Wizards and Ringers), and then I go to Amenz for a cool Wizard stamp(never seen anything but a stock Ringer stamp).

I do have two Terns from the Charlotte Amatuer Championships ---- instead of dyeing, I wiped the "ships" so it just says "Charlotte Amatuer Champion" :p

I don't usually seek them out, but I will definitely buy them if I have a choice as someone said between stock and awesome.

I have added roughly 5 in the last 2 months as I transition to an all Discmania bag. I just cannot resist their sweet s-line and p-line art.

All unique, mostly I look for discs with swirl patterns in the plastic and take the stamps off and add my design on top. Have a few I left like the foil stamp from a local course that closed.

Latest posts