• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many disk have you lost.

Too many to count. I have been playing 7 years and have lost over 30 discs. I have also given away another 30-40 discs.

lost one that i found ironically on the same course i found it on. The DG gods giveth and they taketh away. :\

Wow, do we really need to go there and dig up those moments of insanity and stupidity?

I cannot tell you how many times I have been searching, thinking if I had just gotten here a few minutes earlier or later, how THAT one throw obviously would not have happened because I never throw that stupidly and unluckily (yeah right).

I have this working theory that has been proven so many times, it is obviously not a theory anymore. I can find anyone else's disc, just point me within 100 feet of where it should be, but I can never find mine. I would have lost more than 10 discs this year (more than I have already lost) if I had not had others help me (this does not include those who were spotting for me, these are people who just arrived to help). I would have lost another 5 if I did not work with this guy who is just a magnet for finding discs. At work he asks me how my day went and whether I got out to play a round. I tell him where I think I lost a disc, he takes a lunch break, and quickly drives out to the course. EVERY time he comes back with my disc that I had spent nearly an hour looking for and at least one or two others with no names on them.

Often when I am searching I find someone else's disc. Normally it is a trashed DX with no name on it. Never has it been a fair trade with karma. Once I traded a beautiful Opto Halo for a Z XS and a Champion Valkyrie. That was the closest I ever got for a lost/traded disc. Normally I find beaten DX Beasts and Leopards.

Because of all the discs I have dunked into streams recently, I no longer have an aversion of just walking right into the water. I used to try to fish them out with my quick-stick but now I just pull the shoes and socks off and go right in.

I am a Christian although it is fun to talk about and mock Karma. However, I do believe in the concept behind it and will readily jump in and assist anyone else who is searching (see above theory). I always hope for the same kindness return when I need help looking (again, see above theory).

Finally, I always put my name and number on my discs. So far I have had two returned this year because of it. My friend had the horrible experience of someone calling him just to say he is never getting his disc back. He got even with that ass though. He called this guy back and the girlfriend answered. After explaining the situation to the girlfriend, she promised to cut him off until the situation was resolved. A week later a different girl called to say she had found his disc at a local park and he used the opportunity to go out on a date with her. Unfortunately for my friend, he did not find the girl cute and the disc was warped beyond being able to throw right.

I've lost 3 in the 10 months I've been playing. The first was a Z avenger ss I shanked over 2 bodies of water to have it park on an island that I'm sure is inhabited by a smoke creature. The second was a X predator I found at my local creek ( no name) and promptly returned it to a lake in Huntsville. The final one was a sweet Z buzzz. It was orange max weight. I over shot the basket into a flooded creek and it was gone.

lost: 2-4
lost by friend: 5-6
given away: 8-10
given away
and then lost: 6-7
total time
looking for discs: FOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!

Given away about 30
Lost during play about 6
Others lost of my disc during play 8
Left behind in hotel or rental car 3
Lost after practice in field 10
Left at home 350

22 since I started keeping track in the disc organizer. Most were in the lakes at my home course. Fortuneately, the lakes have given me more discs than they have taken.

playing about a year and have lost 6 but all have been in the water except 1...
- DX Roc x 2
- DX Kite
- DX Shark
- CFR Destroyer
- Pro D XL (fell out of my bag somewhere..never got to throw it)

Probably around 20 or so in my year of playing.
I've had 1 returned (all have my name and number).
I've found about 10, returned all them with a name, so I ended up getting 3.
I've lost 2 of the 3 and never use the other one.
No where close to evening out.

Playing 6 years and have lost 12 (Half of them Banshees!)

KC Pro Banshee - Shillito #08 - left behind during doubles - 2006
KC Pro Banshee - Shillito #12 - I think some kids grabbed it - 2006
KC Pro Banshee - Holler in the Hills #5 - Water - 2010
KC Pro Banshee - Veterans #08 - Water - My son(youngest) lost this one - 2010
KC Pro Banshee - Riney B #09 - Lost in the honeysuckle - 2009
Glow Champ Banshee - Alum Creek #12 - Water - 2010
Star TeeRex - Riney B #01 - High in trees/vines - 2007
Star Max - Veterans #08 - Water - 2009
Star Destroyer - ??? - Don't remember throwing it but it's gone (WVDGA stamp) - 2009
Star Destroyer - Phil Moore #07 - Water - 2010
Star Firebird - Riney B #22 - My son(oldest) lost it - 2008
Pro(candy) Firebird - Riney B #04 - Thumber gone bad - 2010

I've averaged 2 lost per Year and probably find 50 a year so shouldn't complain.
I return around 20 per year - Most aren't labeled and majority end up given away(new players/schools/scouts).

wow the OP is war eagle

Way too many, the majority to the water hazards of courses in the Tampa Bay area. But I'd use the opportunity to try out some new stuff, when I bought the replacements, and as a result I think my bag is just about perfect for me right now. So some benefit has come from all that loss.