• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] How many DX discs do you bag? Updated edition

How many DX discs do you bag?

Votes: 27 25.2%

Votes: 15 14.0%

Votes: 16 15.0%

Votes: 21 19.6%

Votes: 8 7.5%

Votes: 6 5.6%

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 7+

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
1 DX Rhyno, DX Gator, and 2 DX Cobras are always in my bag. Depending on the course I will add another Rhyno or some DX drivers for hazardous shots I don't want to lose one of my go to discs.

How often do you throw the Valk?

Maybe once or twice per round. It's very beat and flippy. If I hyzer flip it just right it goes a looooooooong ways on a slight anny. Very useful on certain holes. I also bag a Star Valk, which gets thrown much more often.
I'm the opposite. The majority of my Valk throws still end up being with my DX Valks. The only downside to DX and Pro Valks for me is that I flip them more easily than a Champ or Star, so I have to be careful if there is trouble to the right. Otherwise my DX Valks are longer so I throw those a lot more than the premium plastic Valks.

2, couple beat putters. I got a Judge M (putting) and Pro D Roach sitting in there now for flip shots. Both beat.

I'm the opposite. The majority of my Valk throws still end up being with my DX Valks. The only downside to DX and Pro Valks for me is that I flip them more easily than a Champ or Star, so I have to be careful if there is trouble to the right. Otherwise my DX Valks are longer so I throw those a lot more than the premium plastic Valks.

How long do your DX valks last you? I've been thinking about picking one up to try

4 Wizards
1 Ghost

I don't really count Fossil or Protege as DX equivalents, they are more like KC Pro. More durable.

How long do your DX valks last you? I've been thinking about picking one up to try
I go through two a year if I don't lose one. I mostly play a park-style course and don't hit a bunch of trees. Even when I do, I throw thrashed DX Valks as turnover discs so I have a use for them.

3-4 baseline: 1-2 DX Rocs and always 2 Wizards (OG SS and g25).
I like champion plastic for pretty much everything--even driving/approach putters and Rocs.

KC Pro is not baseline. Not at all.

are we counting Bt and gravity plastics as baseline?

If so, then 6. 2 prime judges (best baseline plastic out there), 1 bt med harp, 1 excel ghost and 2 gravity ghosts.

I answered 1. A 150g DX Teebird. But I don't always carry it. I'm just not enamored with the feel of DX. So a 150ish GL Jade is as likely to fill that spot as the TB.

Just my trusty 158 flatty XD.
Got the premium Champ AO XD's, but they're not the same.
The DX has not left the bag since I bought it, not even for a minute.
Dead straight floater, from 100' its wicked accurate, huntin' like a bloodhound.
I'm not sure what I would do if I ever lost it, I know I cant replace it, so, maybe hari kari. Not alot of options.

Just an Electron Spin, and I don't even want that in baseline but no choice in the matter.

I do not like baseline, I do not find the same benefits that others praise it for. I would prefer any disc I have to be in opaque premium plastic. Even my putter.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I voted 3. Roc, Teebird and a Birdie

But I have a wholeDX bag that I sometimes play for fun

I do have 3 all DX bags for the people that I try to get into the sport. Beast, Sidewinder, Archangel, TeeBird, Leopard, Skeeter, Kite, Stingray, Wedge , Aviar, Birdie are the molds that cover all 3 bags. If the person has played a little longer, then I'll exchange some of the DX for some premium plastic so they can help break it in for me.

usually 1 or 2, mostly Cranks

Last edited:

Latest posts