• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many people is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work discette! A suspended PDGA player/TD creates a new PDGA number to circumvent the suspension is all I really got out of the entire thread. This is right up there with the Joe Bishop thread!!

I have no issues with 5 players per card as earlier stated. It works very well for us.

Great work discette! A suspended PDGA player/TD creates a new PDGA number to circumvent the suspension is all I really got out of the entire thread. This is right up there with the Joe Bishop thread!!

I have no issues with 5 players per card as earlier stated. It works very well for us.

Hey, don't sell this thread short. You get 3 for the price of 1. A discussion of 4-somes vs. 5-somes. A rules discussion about 2-somes. And a fraud investigation.

4 player cap. if you have interest in more players/bigger field, expand the tournament to multiple courses/days.

This is not always practical; sometimes not possible.

We sit there in the planning meeting and debate. We can (1) go with 72, a better experience for them, a worse experience for whichever 18 players get left out, and less money for payouts or whatever; or (2) we can go with 90, it'll take everyone playing an extra 2 hours combined to play 4 rounds; or (4) we can do double the work by going to a second weekend, or a second course---assuming we have another suitable course, or an opening on the calendar.

I've been in those meetings, and all 3 options have been the conclusions at one time or another. For the aforementioned Earlewood Classic, which fills to 100 (with 2 temp holes) in a matter of minutes, about every other year it's a very heated debate. If only there were one, absolutely right answer.

i love a good sleuthing.
now the curious question is if someone is going to report it to the pdga?
if so keep us up to date
:popcorn:

i love a good sleuthing.
now the curious question is if someone is going to report it to the pdga?
if so keep us up to date
:popcorn:

I am assuming you mean has anyone reported a TD and someone on the competition committee of openly violating the rules?

In regards to me I have already contacted the PDGA this morning, if there is an outstanding issue I will deal with it immediately and with them and not in a public forum. I can tell you there if there is an outstanding issue it was never intentional and was unknown to myself until very recently.

Good thing you are so concerned with something that has nothing to do with you.

I once played in a PDGA event in Horizons Park, Winston-Salem, a very short course and we played in a 7-some. There were lots of 7-somes. It was different.

Sometimes if you have a short waiting list you can assign a ghost card or two. Lets say you have 72 registered and 8 on the wait list. Start two groups on a par 3 that plays quickly and the prior hole is one that takes a good bit longer to play. That way the second group to start on the hole should be done or nearly done when the group on the hole that takes longer finishes up. If you have a couple of places on your course to do this you can up your field to 80 without 5-somes or adding holes.

(I didn't read the whole thread so if this is redundant I apologize for my laziness.)

Looks like it's been going on for 2 years to me... not just recently.
3/5/2012 TBD Suspension Jeff Harris 34207 AZ Outstanding fees 1+ Mo Suspension

This is fun!

Like I said before, I will not discuss this in a public forum. And you have zero idea of my life or what I has happened in the last year, 2 years, 5 years or any part of my life. If you would like to assume something, that is fine, but it's just that, an assumption, and you would be wrong.

That works if the prior hole is a PAR 4 or 5. If it's a shorter but hard hole (which do take longer to play), you will get back ups there while players are waiting on the group ahead. I haven't played many courses on the East Coast so I'm not sure I envision a PAR 3 where you can have 2 groups on the same hole. Most PAR 3's will have the opportunity for players to drive the hole, even though it may not happen frequently. So those later groups tend to let the hole clear before throwing, hence the back ups forming.

Like I said before, I will not discuss this in a public forum. And you have zero idea of my life or what I has happened in the last year, 2 years, 5 years or any part of my life. If you would like to assume something, that is fine, but it's just that, an assumption, and you would be wrong.

Looks like you've been a member here for a while. Have you always used this current screen name?

(I didn't read the whole thread so if this is redundant I apologize for my laziness.)

I'll save you the trouble. The consensus was, we don't care for ghost cards. Sooner or later, they add to course congestion.

I did think about The Sarge, though. Hole 1 is a short hole; hole 18 is a long hole; and the walk from the 18 basket to the 1 tee is at least a quarter mile. I'll bet you could start two ghost cards behind #1, and the guys starting on #18 wouldn't catch them for quite a while.

Is there anyone monitoring this thread at all?

None of this stuff about me personally has anything to do with the thread topic.

I have already stated that I have personally contacted the PDGA to see if there is an outstanding issue. I have also stated that if there was an issue I will deal with it immediately and with the PDGA in an appropriate manner. I have also stated that if there is an issue it was unknown to me.

Without getting into personal issues, none of you have the slightest idea of my personal life or things that may or may not have happened. Trying to judge me without knowing me or my situation is completely ridiculous and irresponsible. The last 3 years of my life have had some tragic incidents and it's really none of anyone's business.

I think it's also very telling that the attack hounds came after me, yet someone that openly admits to bending the rules, no one gives a crap about that.

Now is it possible to actually have this thread be about and is there any way to have the moderator do that?

Fair enough if you don't want to discuss personal financials and why you didn't pay the fees or why perhaps you weren't aware that there were outstanding fees (**** happens, understandable).

But how in the world do you sign up for a new PDGA number knowing you already had had a membership for five years? Even if we assume it was an accident or a mistake somewhere along the line and your intent was to renew and it got processed as a new membership, wouldn't you have realized that and tried tor remedy it when it happened? Instead you go ahead and play tournaments for over a year on a brand new PDGA number. Seems shady, whether your old number was suspended or not (or you knew it was or not). Your new membership allowed you to enter and win a division for which your old membership would have been ineligible (#34207 shows a rating of 913).

That you are in this thread trying to moralize about Suzette's and Chuck's words/actions being "cheating" is the height of hypocrisy. Your "crimes" against the competition manual and the spirit of fair play seem far far worse to me.

he advertised that tournament on his (open) FB account, https://www.facebook.com/harrishabitat

FYI, the photo on the Facebook page profile looks just like the Jeff Harris I played three rounds with at the Wintertime Open 2014.

That same Jeff Harris posted on this Facebook page in 2011: https://www.facebook.com/events/201077689939244/

Hopefully someone will do a screen capture before he takes it down.

To get back on track, The Wintertime Open has five-somes on every hole and two ghost cards. Rounds last at least three hours.

FYI, the photo on the Facebook page profile looks just like the Jeff Harris I played three rounds with at the Wintertime Open 2014.

That same Jeff Harris posted on this Facebook page in 2011: https://www.facebook.com/events/201077689939244/

Hopefully someone will do a screen capture before he takes it down.

To get back on track, The Wintertime Open has five-somes on every hole and two ghost cards. Rounds last at least three hours.

You know what I killed Kennedy, faked the moon landings, caused World War 2 and planted all the bombs in the world trade center also.

Now are you happy?

Too late he already took it down (and has been cleaning up his facebook page as well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts