• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many people is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What more do all of you want?

You can try to assume you know the situation but there is no way you can know what truly has gone on here. I was not aware of any issues before someone brought it up this morning. I have ran one event many years ago and as far as I knew everything was done correctly. I never received any information from the PDGA that something was wrong. During that time I went through some traumatic life changing events. In addition to a failed business, being hospitalized for depression and my wife getting cancer then deciding she wanted a divorce because she had become a lesbian. I am sure you will all have a party with that one. But if you want honesty, I am an open book.

So during that time frame I quit playing, not because I was suspended or because I was hiding but because I was trying to keep my family together and simply survive. I have said, and I will continue to say I did not get anything from the PDGA that I was suspended and had no clue till this morning... In fact I really don't even know if that is the case. As far as the one event that we had, we turned in the fees and paperwork. Which is the reason that as soon as this came up this morning, my first action was to contact the PDGA to figure out what was going on. Does that sound like someone that is trying to hide something?

As for a new PDGA number, the only thing that I am guilty of there is not knowing the nuances of the system. I know that there are some of you that know every single minute detail when it comes to the PDGA, I however do not. After moving and starting my life over last year I signed up for my first event. When I arrived they told me that I had to sign up for the PDGA to be able to play. They told me to just give them $50 and they would take care of it. It was chaotic at that time and they didn't say anything and I didn't know I had done something wrong. If I was trying to hide or do something wrong, why the heck would I use my same name? And on top of that, one of the events that I played in had someone with my old PDGA number which I thought was really odd. I figured they just recycled the numbers or something. At no point over the last three years has anyone mentioned it and I had no clue I had done something wrong.

You can say that I am guilty of not knowing the rules and I will own up to that and take what ever punishment comes my way. But anyone that says that I have knowingly and intentionally broken the rules you are 100% wrong. Integrity is one of the most important things in my life which is why I immediately went to the PDGA to find out what has happened and rectify the situation as soon as possible.

So please go ahead and insinuate and do what ever you want to do to make yourselves feel better. But if you have any kind of integrity please try to find the truth in my statements here and in the actions that I have taken.

tumblr_m3zy31swRk1r7qbkb.gif

You were a member for 4 years, certified official and 1x TD and thought you needed a new membership?

Thread has now established that knowledge of rulebreaking is required to create an infraction. Sweet since I haven't yet read the pdga rulebook. I can go to q tourney and do pretty much what I want. Since I wasn't intending to break any rules

Just curious how your birth year changed between getting different PDGA numbers... eh, it's none of my business.

What more do you want me to say? I gave my information to the person at the event and they said they would take care of everything. I had told them that I had used to play they were talking with about 10+ people at the time and said they would take care of everything. I can I possibly admit to something that I didn't even know I was doing was wrong? You are trying to find something there that doesn't exist and I don't know why. I've admitted to everything mea culpa, even the embarrassing personal stuff. What more do you want!

You were a member for 4 years, certified official and 1x TD and thought you needed a new membership?

I didn't say that I knew I needed a new membership, it was obviously a mistake that happened when I showed up at my first event in 2 years. I am sure if you want to you can assume and come to any conclusion you want.

Thread has now established that knowledge of rulebreaking is required to create an infraction. Sweet since I haven't yet read the pdga rulebook. I can go to q tourney and do pretty much what I want. Since I wasn't intending to break any rules

And that's not what I am saying at all. Which is why the first thing I did was contact the PDGA to explain to them the situation and find out what I need to do to rectify it including any penalties they see fit to impose.

What more do you want me to say? I gave my information to the person at the event and they said they would take care of everything. I had told them that I had used to play they were talking with about 10+ people at the time and said they would take care of everything. I can I possibly admit to something that I didn't even know I was doing was wrong? You are trying to find something there that doesn't exist and I don't know why. I've admitted to everything mea culpa, even the embarrassing personal stuff. What more do you want!

You gave your info to this person who ran off with it to sign you up for a membership...okay. Amongst that info wasn't your old PDGA number? I mean, if you're telling them that you used to play, I would think that you used to be a member would come up too.

If they told you you had to be a member to play, presumably that was an A-tier event (since below that, membership is not required, just the $10 non-member fee). Wouldn't someone with 5 years of membership know that A-tiers required a current membership before traveling to it? You make it sound like you were caught off guard being asked to join/renew when you showed up.

I guess my point is I don't want to believe you were that naive and ignorant of things like this. You were out of the game for, what, a year maybe two? Things don't change that dramatically in that kind of time frame. I have a hard time believing you'd be a member for five years, run a tournament in that time, and be completely ignorant of how things work in all that time.

What more do all of you want?

How about, to lighten up on those who made a judgement call and allowed groups of 2 to play?

You know, stuff happens, sometimes we get it wrong, sometimes we do what we think is best, sometimes it's a very minor issue involved.

You gave your info to this person who ran off with it to sign you up for a membership...okay. Amongst that info wasn't your old PDGA number? I mean, if you're telling them that you used to play, I would think that you used to be a member would come up too.

If they told you you had to be a member to play, presumably that was an A-tier event (since below that, membership is not required, just the $10 non-member fee). Wouldn't someone with 5 years of membership know that A-tiers required a current membership before traveling to it? You make it sound like you were caught off guard being asked to join/renew when you showed up.

I guess my point is I don't want to believe you were that naive and ignorant of things like this. You were out of the game for, what, a year maybe two? Things don't change that dramatically in that kind of time frame. I have a hard time believing you'd be a member for five years, run a tournament in that time, and be completely ignorant of how things work in all that time.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. I did know and that is the truth. I honestly had never planned to be a part of the PDGA again in the future due to an incident I had with someone in a high position within the organization. And wasn't the whole A-Tier having to have a membership a new rule? Anyone that has taken the officials exam knows that it's open book and about as hard to pass as a drivers test. There are a multitude of rules that most people don't know that are both current members and officials as we see in many many discussions here on this very website. Also, there is a lot from that period in my time that I try to forget and not think about very much. Believe me or not, that I can not control... I have been as open and honest about everything that happened and I guess you can choose what to do with that. But logically, why would I contact the PDGA immediately this morning if I was trying to hide or avoid the situation?

How about, to lighten up on those who made a judgement call and allowed groups of 2 to play?

You know, stuff happens, sometimes we get it wrong, sometimes we do what we think is best, sometimes it's a very minor issue involved.

And since all of this has come to my attention and I am aware of how all of this looks I haven't said nor will I have anything to say on that matter. It reeks of being hypocritical on my part and I am trying to be as open as possible.

What did they say to you at headquarters? Did you have to go to the principal's office? Was the principal the one you had the issue with in the first place? If so, I can understand your wanting to give up on the pDGA. But why come back and with a vengeance for rule breakers? And you saw your old number and recognized it, why didn't that make you say something?

What did they say to you at headquarters? Did you have to go to the principal's office? Was the principal the one you had the issue with in the first place? If so, I can understand your wanting to give up on the pDGA. But why come back and with a vengeance for rule breakers?

I have not received a response from the PDGA as of yet. As soon as I do I will do what ever it is they need me to do to rectify the situation. As for the other issue, it's an old personal slight and like everything else from that point in my life I would rather just keep it in the past. But I am sure there are enough people on here to make stuff up and try to make it into something that it's not.

And since all of this has come to my attention and I am aware of how all of this looks I haven't said nor will I have anything to say on that matter. It reeks of being hypocritical on my part and I am trying to be as open as possible.

It's a start. A few sincere mea culpas might help.

Stan McDaniel started a thread today with a wonderful story of a mistake he made. Wonderful, because we've all been there.

It is, of course, that reeks of being hypocritical part that inspired the lynch mob. Nothing undermines an argument like hypocrisy, regardless of the underlying reasons.

It's a start. A few sincere mea culpas might help.

Stan McDaniel started a thread today with a wonderful story of a mistake he made. Wonderful, because we've all been there.

It is, of course, that reeks of being hypocritical part that inspired the lynch mob. Nothing undermines an argument like hypocrisy, regardless of the underlying reasons.

Which is why I have owned up to it fully and completely even to the terribly embarrassing details on circumstances in my life at the time. I am not running and hiding, I am not trying to divert attention away from me I am facing it head on and dealing with it...what ever the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts