• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

How Many Putters Do You Carry?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 3.5%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 26 18.1%

Votes: 39 27.1%

Votes: 38 26.4%

Votes: 17 11.8%

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • More than 7

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got 6.

2 Electron Ions for putting
1 Proton Ion for driving/longer putts
1 DX Rhyno, 1 Pro Rhyno, and 1 G Star Rhyno all used for approaching.

i can't imagine giving up more bag space for as many as most of you appear to carry...

right now i have 3 in my bag, which feels like a lot: soft magnet for putts, regular magnet for just about everything else inside 150 feet and a 160g proxy for longer shots and/or uphill approaches.

i can't imagine giving up more bag space for as many as most of you appear to be...

My putters tend to be my most thrown disc in any given round so I don't mind the space they take up.
2x McPro Aviar- putting only
McPro Aviar- straight to understable drives and approaches
Glow Classic Aviar- straight to hyzer drives and approaches
Star AviarX3- over pstable drives and approaches

The AX3 just took the place of an Aviar3, will likely handle the role just fine.

I'm planning to use the Classics in the winter for putter because they're less prone to cracking than the McPros- and cheaper to replace.

I carry 7 right now but 5 of them are darts so i can practice putting wherever if the course is empty.
5 Gstar darts 170ish- most putting and up shots
1 champ rhyno 172 head wind and forehand
1 Gstar wedge 173 US shots

I almost never throw mid ranges. I just got a sweet ruby metal flake dart from the factory store that will probably become my goto putt and approach

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2 Pure Zero Hard for putts
1 Pure Zero Soft for sticky approaches & lofty putts
1 Pure Opto for driving & sliding approaches
1 Premi Jokeri for OS sticky approaches

1 XT colt for approaches
1 Proto Colt for pure putting
1 R-Pro Dart for hills/roll away holes. It's floppy. Basically a dog toy.

Lucid Warden for normal putts
Classic Soft Warden for slanted greens/preventing rollaways
KC Aviar when I need something OS

Hmmm...
3 judges - 2 soft blends for putts and a prime for drives
1 soft focus for longer spin putts and spike hyzer drives i want to stick.
1 jokeri for os drives.
1 zone for os tweeners and flicks
1 makani for the laziest turn over shots at 120-150.
I just took out a pure and anode and went with another mid.

Wow that's a lot of putters.. I thought more people would vote for less... Envy + something less stable in my bag... Proxy, Spin, or Theory doubles as a putter. Spare me the semantics, it's a mid but it gets bagged for 60' putts especially upshots and anhyzer where I know the Envy will stable out.

Last edited:
I carry 4putters at all times, the current iteration is 2: wizards for putting 1:beat wizard for throwing 1: pig for forehand ups and gusty wind days.

Last edited:
Right now

A DT BB Omega for putting
A Supersoft BB Omega for driving and upshot
A 150g Upshot for tricky upshots and straddle putts
Two Zones
One Stego

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

8 Putters, all purple, in the bag at all times. (Many duplicates of each in the car for practice.)

3 Challengers: All Jawbreakers, just for putting
3 Zones: X-soft for short hyzer upshots that stick, ZFLX for most drives, and a lightweight ESP for low line drives
1 Roach: Jawbreaker for slow touchy approaches on the long side, that I'm giving a chance to go in
1 Habit: Mainline, same as above but on short side

It varies depending on how I am building my bag that day, but minimum 4 in the top pocket of my octothorpe with 2 matching putting putters (could be Daggers, Yetis, Lizards, or Serpents) plus 1 Harp and an old 2-ring Aviar for touch upshots.

I will also usually have a driving putter or two which can be an Opto Pure or a newer Yeti. I will also often have 2-3 Classic Rocs in the bag but I am not sure if those are putters or mids.

The most I've carried at once would be five for a shorter layout. I like to have a firm driving putter in a durable plastic and also a softer one for putting duties. The Zone is a new addition to the bag. It's mostly for approaches and short drives but I could see myself putting with it if it's windy out there...

2 Wizards
2 Magics
1 Zone

2 Eraser Warlocks for putting
2 Soft Warlocks for drives
1 Fossil Scale becasue wind...
1 DX XD for touch shots
1 Champ Polecat becasue...it's in my bag?
1 DX Zhyper becasue it freaks the locals out.

I carry 3 or 4, depending on whether you consider the Nova a putter.

2 K3 Bergs or 2 Electron M Pilots, depending on how i feel. Putting / short upshots only, in case I lose one and so I can wear them evenly.
1 Proton Envy for putter drives and hyzer upshots
1 XT Nova for drives and, well, Nova upshots.

The large number putter bags just make me scratch my head. I mean, besides the space they take up, there's no way I'd find a use for them on the courses I play. Hell, any course I've ever played.

I just find that I tend to throw putters more than most people I play with. With no crazy ceiling height restriction and reasonably calm wind, I'm throwing a putter on most shots out to 250-260. That's most of the upshots and at least a few tee shots from the gold tees at my normal course (Squaw Creek). From the white tees there, I'm throwing putter off the tee on 10 or 11 holes.

So it makes sense to carry at least 3 throwers - overstable, stable, understable. And I've learned the hard way, don't drive with your putting putters.

And most of the guys carrying 6 or 7+ are calling a Zone or an XD a putter, even though they are probably using it more like a mid in practice.

Last edited:

Latest posts