• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many Putters do You have in your bag?

How many Putters do you have in your bag?

Votes: 2 0.2%

Votes: 49 6.0%

Votes: 179 22.1%

Votes: 216 26.7%

Votes: 192 23.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 172 21.2%

• Total voters
I've got my last Medium Wizard :( in the bag along with a soft Wizard, an Organic Wizard, a Fossil Scale, an XD, a Lightning Upshot and a Zephyr. I'd never putt with either the Upshot or the Zephyr, but they are called putters so there you go: seven putters.

Too many I am starting to think. I carry 7 total

2 Hard Wardens - Putting only
400 PA4 - straight,turnover, annys, hyzerflip
Opto Pure - line holder. Straight. Long.
S P2 - straight to fade, hyzers
VIP Harp - over stable, FH drives
Soft Harp - approaches that need to stick FH and BH

I think I could kick the VIP Harp out. Between my other discs I can easily cover these lines. Especially by keeping the soft. Driving the soft and throwing it around trees makes me nervous. Which is prolly why the VIP hasn't left yet. But between Buzzz, Verdict, Justice, and P2 I prolly don't need the VIP.

Carrying my smallest bag (11 discs) 3 are putters. (1 harp 2 mercys)
Carrying my largest bag (25 discs) 6 are putters. (2 harp 4 mercys)
I also carry a Zephyr or Superhero often.

I usually only carry two
- Magic that I putt with and use for short understable approaches
- Ridge for slightly overstable short approaches

Given all these 4-6+ responses maybe I need to rethink my "putters". But I never drive with putters they just don't feel right to me with a power grip. And when I have tried they usually just flip up and crash. If I need more distance than I get with a finger on-the-rim fan grip I grab a mid-range.

Given all these 4-6+ responses maybe I need to rethink my "putters". But I never drive with putters they just don't feel right to me with a power grip.

:hfive:

I'm the same way. Jump putting just kills my knees, and I have not yet found a tall putter that I can decently grip with four or even three fingers. So I use mids for my upshots/approach shots. That seems to be anathema to the advice given around here, but you're not alone in using mids to approach...

Whoa! I thought I carried a lot of putters! Turns out I don't, compared to some of you!

4 putters.
2 Yeti Pro - interchangeable putting putters. Just really like the feel of the second one in my hand while I'm putting.
1 Nova - upshots and tee shots
1 Scale - upshots and tee shots that require wind resistance or a trusty fade. Also, not a lot of glide. So perfect when trying not to overshoot a hole.

Aero, floaty putter for longer putts.
Pure, putts inside circle.
Ridge, approach/driving putter, follows path but a touch of fade.
Star Dart, approach, follows exact path no fade, "reads your mind".
Star Wedge, approach, love the turn action on this.
I don't have an overstable putter for approaches I just use my Star Rancho Roc.
I also just bought a Sonic. Testing it out for left-to-right putts and distance putts. Not much practice yet so no real impression yet.
Also just bought a Condor, interested in it because it's so heavy and big it's sure to not spit out so I might use it as my main putter if I can handle it's size, and for approaches (got it in blizzard champ but it's still 200g). Also I heard it was good for "getting out of trouble" rollers. Again haven't used it much yet so no real impression on it.

So that's 7 with potential to add an OS if I see a need that my Roc doesn't fill. Anyone have any thoughts on if they have a 3+ fade putter and what they get out of it different than a softly thrown Roc?

Currently at 4, but last year I had at least 7 at one point:

11x Champ KC
two 11x KC Pro
two JK Pro
Warped Wizard
Champ Ontario Rhyno (yeah you know it has the DX animal stamp)

It's worth pointing out that not all putters are actually used as putters. I know a fellow who carries classic roc's in multiple plastics (speed 3, technically they're putters) but only uses them as "driving putters" i.e. touch 150-200 foot shots. He also has "driving" KC pros as well as at least one MCPro and either a DXBB or KC to putt with in the bag at all times...

So I guess what I'm getting at is this: the number of "putters" in your bag isn't the same as the number of discs you have in your bag to putt. The poll question is kind of odd in that way. You could just as easily ask "How many Speed 7 fairway drivers do you have in your bag?" The range of answers doesn't really tell you that much about what people carry around and throw, because someone could be stacked heavy on Speed 6 and 8 discs without any 7's.

Last edited:
It's worth pointing out that not all putters are actually used as putters. ...

So I guess what I'm getting at is this: the number of "putters" in your bag isn't the same as the number of discs you have in your bag to putt. .

Yep, I carry 6, putt with 1.

Only 4 total. One Gold Recycled Spike for Approaches, one Hard Zero Spike for Approaches, and 2 Hard Zero Mercy's for the Putts. :popcorn:

1 glow champ rhyno
1 rPro Pig
and adding an Axiom Proxy...

the pig is more of a mid and I don't use it for putting... it is a utility disc when I want the disc to do more of the work on hyzer approaches... I occassionally will drive with it as well... great disc and very reliable... only disc in rPro that I will probably ever own and actually use

The glow champ rhyno is great for me as I like it as a putter... approach disc... and as I'm used to it I can just pick it up and go on glow rounds...

looking forward to the proxy as I am not used to a stable putter and after recently using a Condor for many one disc rounds I really like the neutral disc for putting... I hope I like this disc

I'm down to 3: Zone, Scale, Voodoo. And Zone is almost a mid (because a good Q-Sentinel is almost a fairway).
Although I'll add a Summit or Shaman or something similarly flippy on especially tight/technical courses.

Thrashed Challenger for anny approaches/drives
Newish Challenger for stable approaches/drives
Seasoned Challenger for putting inside the circle
ESP Zone for spike approaches, longer hyzers and flick approaches
Beat Rattler for touchy approaches and catch

The times they are a-changin...

2 pfn 12X KC Aviar, putting only. I'm a two putter putter. Putter.
1 new 12X KC Aviar, stable to overstable approaches, and any 10ft or less drop ins.
1 11X KC Aviar, super worn, straight to understable approaches
1 Nova, dead straight approaches and longer runs. Occasional jump putts

It's worth pointing out that not all putters are actually used as putters. I know a fellow who carries classic roc's in multiple plastics (speed 3, technically they're putters) but only uses them as "driving putters" i.e. touch 150-200 foot shots. He also has "driving" KC pros as well as at least one MCPro and either a DXBB or KC to putt with in the bag at all times...

Who, me? Classic Rocs FTW!

Currently carrying 8 putters.

1- Sure Grip Magic : Powered down approaches and standstills
1- Beat Sure Grip Wizard : Most used disc. Drives, approaches, scrabbles, even the occational putt
1- HPP Evo Wizard: Straight/stable drives and approaches
1- Sure Grip Wizard: Putting only
1- Fossil Scale: Short OS Driver

I wonder which group has the highest average player rating