• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many rounds your first year?

i played prob 12 my first week in oregon on vaca with a buddy, then maybe 12 rounds the next 2 years. Year three was the when the bug really bit me

Last edited:
Daily golf is great and tonite my friends is one of the saddest nites of the year for daily golf players with a 9-5 job. Last after work round of the season. Around here it's mid february until after work rounds again.

New total rounds update

Even though the weather is getting much colder here in Wisconsin, I'm still out throwing, just not as often. I'm now close to the 300 round threshold, with 289 rounds under my belt since April.

Don't really know. I never really kept track back then or considered that I would be keeping track one day.

I probably averaged around 3-4 rounds per week, so something in the 150-200 range.

yeah I was close to 200 rounds plus 5 tourneys in my first year.

My first year I got in over 600 rounds. It was likely more but I'm being very conservative. That was when the housing market went into a tailspin and me being in the lumber business meant I was unemployed for about 11 months. Most days I was playing 5-7 rounds. This year I've gotten in around 400 or so. I take road trips at least twice a month and usually get in about 6-8 rounds those weekends so they add up.

Even though the weather is getting much colder here in Wisconsin, I'm still out throwing, just not as often. I'm now close to the 300 round threshold, with 289 rounds under my belt since April.

SE Minnesota here, and today I waited for the rain to finally stop, and went and threw in 25 mph gusts and corn-snow. It's only gonna get worse ... :\

So far, I'm up to 55 recorded in my score book, but it's probably closer to 70 or 75. I can't get home from work quick enough to fit in any rounds during the week, but I still get 1 or 2 per weekend. Once my Mach Lite gets here I'll probably focus on putting practice more over the winter.

I dont have a scorebook... I'd assume like 200? April - October it was 1 a day except on weekends which was 2 a day. Since the time change I'm down to maybe 4 a week. :(

I dont have a scorebook... I'd assume like 200? April - October it was 1 a day except on weekends which was 2 a day. Since the time change I'm down to maybe 4 a week. :(

I hear ya on the time change, now imagine adding in freezing temps and wind chills. lol! Has me down to about 10 a week right now, snow arriving will knock it to 5 a week I bet. :gross:

i crossed the 500 round mark

I've been away from DGCR for about 5 months now. I worked 2 full time jobs for about 4 months straight and had very little time to throw let alone read about it. I quit the second job about a month ago and have been getting as many quality games in a day as possible. On March 25th I threw my 500th round since April of last year :clap:. Since Mt. Simon in Eau Claire, WI is the place I made my first and only Ace, I decided to play my 500th round there. I have a paper score card for every round, and have not had the time to log them all on here yet.

My buddy has a notebook full of scores from our first year playing. 3 or 4 rounds a day, 4 days or more a week. In all weather. No matter. Easily a thousand rounds

Maybe 5 or six plus a little field throwing time. Im going to get into a league this yeah which should get me more rounds on and some good practice.

Man, my first year of disc golf was a long time ago. I know at the time I was working construction part time so I was on a course at least 3 times per week. That's 156 rounds right there. I'm sure there were days with two rounds mixed in too.

i was in college and played virtually every day of the school year for 2 months in the fall, and 3 months in the spring, and virtually every weekend day too, so probably 150 rounds roughly

Latest posts