• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many US states have you played? What’s your next state to cross off?

I don't recall playing a round with you, or seeing, or meeting you, though it's likely since we've both played so many courses in the Northwest. I've played in tournaments run by Nate and Dion, but not the big disc one. I do follow the Mariner's but it's gonna be tough this year since they traded away the team. I'll keep my eyes open for guys wearing a Mariner cap. Yes, I have lived I. Corvallis for 37 years.

I'm planning to chase the eclipse in April. Where I go will depend on clear sky forecasts in the days running up to it. I'll definitely be bagging along the way, so anywhere from Texas to Nova Scotia.

I'm planning to chase the eclipse in April. Where I go will depend on clear sky forecasts in the days running up to it. I'll definitely be bagging along the way, so anywhere from Texas to Nova Scotia.
I plan to be in the Lake Erie area that day. All along that eclipse's Path of Totality you are spoiled for choice with good courses. Good luck!

Nice thread.

Wisconsin (home state) - 369
Colorado - 22
Georgia - 4
Illinois - 139
Indiana - 12
Iowa - 47
Kansas - 7
Kentucky - 6
Maryland - 2
Michigan - 45
Minnesota - 128
Missouri - 41
Montana - 9
Nebraska - 10
North Carolina - 27
North Dakota - 17
Ohio - 11
Pennsylvania - 9
South Carolina - 12
South Dakota - 23
Tennessee - 7
Virginia - 4
West Virginia - 9
Wyoming - 3

Next up is Oregon and Washington I'm thinking.
Ever Play new improved Powerhouse alley? Yes still Mach III but modern cage and are Blue thanks to local club kicking in extra State would not cover with over spray and clear coat of yellow. Also, now Steamboat Park is not worth it as 4--5 best holes are gone forcing a water treatment plant in a part where we put here or remove also abandon a rule city had for replacing land used for other needs and making more parks even when city promised adding more parks. Steamboat is Lightning DB-5 bottom and old Mach III tops from Steamboat. Also now real Mach V in Rapid City Jackson Park while Omaha Park got all old low cage Discraft Chainstar the local from Jackson Park seeing pictures in 2021. Now 2023 Omaha even practice basket is now gone for finding an old not used Chainstar where practice wheel was removed before putting whole round stand and bolt in concrete.

Ever Play new improved Powerhouse alley?

I have not yet. Was going to a few years ago but ran out of time and not having the full Steamboat made it tough to do. I'll be back out that way at some point though I'm sure. I haven't played hardly any western MN courses either so I'll get there at some point.

Ever Play new improved Powerhouse alley? Yes still Mach III but modern cage and are Blue thanks to local club kicking in extra State would not cover with over spray and clear coat of yellow. Also, now Steamboat Park is not worth it as 4--5 best holes are gone forcing a water treatment plant in a part where we put here or remove also abandon a rule city had for replacing land used for other needs and making more parks even when city promised adding more parks. Steamboat is Lightning DB-5 bottom and old Mach III tops from Steamboat. Also now real Mach V in Rapid City Jackson Park while Omaha Park got all old low cage Discraft Chainstar the local from Jackson Park seeing pictures in 2021. Now 2023 Omaha even practice basket is now gone for finding an old not used Chainstar where practice wheel was removed before putting whole round stand and bolt in concrete.
Hey Casey, I played Powerhouse Alley in Sept of 22 on my way out to the Black Hills. Was a fun course made even better being able to camp on site. Pulled in just at closing time. The nice park ranger got me the closest camp site to the course just off hole 7 green / hole 8 tee.

20220924_181137.jpg

Hey Casey, I played Powerhouse Alley in Sept of 22 on my way out to the Black Hills. Was a fun course made even better being able to camp on site. Pulled in just at closing time. The nice park ranger got me the closest camp site to the course just off hole 7 green / hole 8 tee.

View attachment 334879
I think crappy steamboat park is nicer for a View of river as you can see an island with a man made peninsula on river a state rec area but kind of sucks as a course now becoming even suckier due to what I said before. my Dad a friend and my brother were main guys who built course I even did a hole sill in .

Fun Fact I created hole in back 9 where comes close to road and a native willow gets in way (15 or 16) or did I also was their for Alternant 9 hole layout and moving hole 3 and later adding. Sure I wish they used different Mach VI basket in upgrade but went with Mach again III since Mach III was on sale for being fully stopped a few years later a having to upgrade to blue basket at low cost for fact local club was footing bill on color extra was nice, I was not there at the time given who ran the club prior and fact no club was in place for a 4--5 year period.

We also had a Missouri River flood in 2011 or just the very bottom cage would have been replaced when club needed for B-tier on up, so we could host since 2016, the 2.5 day State Disc Golf event and in 2014 when hings dried out more and course was not a sloppy mess could work. Why ones in Steamboat are okay is river flood is main reason we were able to put bags on disc golf baskets ourself in club and got it right size in bag so only poles on very bottom might need replacing, at dam, the baskets top and chains were only part in since they used bags not big enough however biggest sized flex seal bags was more hen enough for most baskets second smaller reason is at Dam originally firs 9 baskets were not properly installed for course and only had minimum recommendations even after we asked to upgrade when originally making back 9 meaning in some spings we would have to fix baskets and a few did get from state a gravel ring around baskets Good thing from flood was in 2015 finally massive tee pads where very first is in sideways was put in did baskets get concrete.

In 2016--2017 a person who was a very good disc golfer had passed away being killed when working in summer for an oil place when regulations were not followed by higher ups in Wyoming or Montana prairie, was a year younger then me yet in my grade due his birthday in April so he was 29 or 30. Anyhow his family raised money or used some small piece of his lawsuit for a Mach II the club installed, he was one who helped get baskets upgraded in Steamboat doing work to save old Mach III from Dam so city could use tops off old basket on new baskets in. Club in town was going to replace basket tops of Lighting DB--5 with some portable more durable thread in takedown Metal MVP Disc basket top asking to order just replacement tops and have city weld on the top.