• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many US states have you played? What’s your next state to cross off?

Well, I left Wednesday night at 10pm, got to Olathe KS at 5:30am, took a nap, played 5 new courses then drove home. I did stop and take a 2 hour nap on the way home. Got home just after 2:30am on Thursday night/Friday morning. I was back at work at 2pm today, but I really do feel it in my back tonight.

28.5 hours
965 miles
5 Courses
81 holes

Last week I did a few more courses, mostly short courses and only took a 20min nap on the way home. I only got a 1 hour nap before the sun came up.

Just saying it can be done if you are crazy enough.

Last edited:
Missing three good ones right there . . . 😃

And I hear you about Alaska. I still kick myself for not playing when I was in Hawaii
I know! I'm really excited about playing in those states. I can't believe it has taken this long. But living in California has made it tough to get east coast states in. My mom lived in NY, so I was able to knock out the rest of New England when I visited her, and I grew up and went to college in Florida, so the rest of the South was from my (much) younger days.

Alabama 5
Arizona 3
Arkansas 2
California 17
Florida 1
Georgia 5
Illinois 14
Indiana 8
Iowa 12
Kentucky 14
Michigan 157
Minnesota 10
North Carolina 17
Ohio 9
Pennsylvania 10
South Dakota 1
Tennessee 3
Texas 22
West Virginia 1
Wisconsin 10

Starting to look toward a Jan/Feb run to Mississippi and Louisiana.

An update to my previous post on here. I picked up Nevada (and the Flu:sick:) on Tuesday. 5 courses 69 holes on a one day visit. My 22nd U.S. state. Also visited the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop and picked up Christmas gift for my daughter. My guess on a next state would be Oklahoma as my firm has a job in the works there. Perhaps Massachusetts could be next as well as my wife has expressed interest in going to New England, and Boston is a logical airport to fly into.

An update to my previous post on here. I picked up Nevada (and the Flu:sick:) on Tuesday.
Congrats and condolences

Perhaps Massachusetts could be next as well as my wife has expressed interest in going to New England, and Boston is a logical airport to fly into.

Fly into Providence and out of Boston (or vice versa) and you can hit three states easy peasy. 😁

This thread is for all the course baggers and wanderlusts out there. List all the US states that you've played disc golf, and then follow that up with the next state(s) You plan to cross off Your states list.

Minnesota (home state) 60 courses
Iowa - 4
Washington - 2
Montana - 1
Wisconsin - 1

Next state… either Texas or one of the Dakotas! How about You?
South Dakota has one of the oldest courses outside of California that had chain baskets in 1980 right after Steady Ed was vacaioning in Black Hills/Badlands and he helped set up modern course holes modifying all but one and had been around since 1978 as a post course with 2x4 . Course is a little park in Rapid City with a 9 hole course called Omaha park with newer baskets in 2010's from nearby Jackson park who upgraded from faux Mach VI basket Chainstar passed off as Mach VI when Jackson course upgraded to poorly installed Mach 7 where they somehow put on one basket as a joke on short easy non woods hole upside-down so hits into top band sends discs flying or was set. course also used to have from 1990 some poorly made teepad so for a few tournaments people were made to stand on pad, once discs like

South Dakota- 11 or 12 if you count a Removed crappy sign one in Pierre (Pier) in Griffen Park, a now gone made in 1995 sign course where you need to use 119 gram Wham-O fastback Frisbee made for Guts/Disc Dog versions or crappy fastback looking promotional disc as course is that easy with a heavier Wham-O Frisbee even a 145--150 gram JR Pro I was getting par as worst score as 3 time ever playing first time playing.

Wisconsin-3 or 4 including Hinbrige Hills in Madison and a UW of Baraboo course.

Minnesota-4 two in Winnona including last course made 30 days before true midrange in Stingray came out in 1988, one in Rochester/near town more near Mayo Clinic, one on University of Merry near Winnona.

Iowa- maybe one after playing Tuttle Hill in Sioux Falls, with Tuttle Hill at time needing new tee box due to people who put them in from city/construction company they used Asphalt for box and 8 years later needed replacing as they just put in directly into chip wood tee box in 1998 from 1995 not even removing chips but on most they had been removed.

New York--3 One near Dunkirk NY in Earie state park, one in Finger Lakes no longer there was being removed and baskets moved and first ever legendary Browns Farm, where an Uncle even under newest 3rd owners is still ban from doing too much trim work on course even when new owners 3rd are doing same around baskets to play.

Delaware-1 At a state park that used old Mach 2 made into Mach 1 due to inner chains rusting way and old Mach 2 baskets repaired ones for course near ocean.

Missouri--3 hole practice baskets in a KOA outside of Kansas City.

Ohio--1 at Ashtabula in a park there having one of best views of lake Erie.

California--3 one in San Luis Obispo in an L shape 9--10 hole course, a very short putter course removed from a hotel that was first ever Holiday Inn and one newer one in Lompoc where course used to my shock Veteran disc golf baskets with band covered, over what 90% of courses use with either Innova or DGA Mach baskets. I did see another course but at time I was not playing disc golf or even brought my discs.

I want to play in Florida sometime, I have relatives down there and I want to play in Sarasota area or school they are going to. Also want to play in Ohio more, I have a relative I get along with well who is living there near a very Challenging woods course off I-90/I-80 road where course is beyond tight but not a throw and pray.

Last edited:
I have played courses in 42 states. I have visited 49 of the 50 states (excluding Alaska), so I'm kicking myself that I didn't play disc golf when I was there. Especially Hawaii! The states I have remaining are:

Alaska
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Maryland
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Virginia

To be honest, I have been off of DGCR for the past few years, so I need to update my list of played courses on this platform. Once I update that list I can provide the cool counts per state that many of you have done.

I took two road trips in 2022 that included the goal of checking off some states. I played in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi in the Spring and Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming in the Summer. Looking at the list above, I think there is a road trip around the Eastern Seaboard in my future in 2024. I'm also trying to play as many Steady Ed-designed courses as possible since they are disappearing. I was able to check off the bucket list item of playing a Saucer Golf course while I was in Minnesota.

Course collecting is fun! And disc golf is the best road trip sport!
Riz,
If you are going up to bag CT and RI, you might want to bag the Steady Ed course at Leonard Park in Mt Kisco, NY. Not too far off I-84 and when I played it this fall, it was in good shape. Really good use of the terrain, a rocky hillside with a couple of "across the valley" shots!
The Steady Ed at Beaver Brook in ME is a lot tougher to get to, even after you're crossed into the Pine Tree State. Might want to wait for Sabattus to get their 5th course opened before heading back up there! :)
On my day playing in RI, I got in 6 of the 7, the only one I didn't play was the newest one, on an island that requires a ferry ride. I probably would have played that one too, but had to run back and let our senior citizen dog out mid-day! Let me know if you would like reccs on any of those.

It must be because I'm Canadian. Or occasionally clueless... I keep reading the title as

How many Under Stable states have you played.

Just bagged courses in Louisiana last week for State #24! Not sure which state will be next -- maybe New Jersey?
Come on up! Reach out if you like. It would be such a thrill to show off some courses within the Garden State! What do you think, @HyooMac ?

An update to my previous post on here. I picked up Nevada (and the Flu:sick:) on Tuesday. 5 courses 69 holes on a one day visit. My 22nd U.S. state. Also visited the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop and picked up Christmas gift for my daughter. My guess on a next state would be Oklahoma as my firm has a job in the works there. Perhaps Massachusetts could be next as well as my wife has expressed interest in going to New England, and Boston is a logical airport to fly into.
Can't wait to read your Maple Hill review.

22 States including Washington DC. Added 3 states in 2023 - AL, GA, SC. Added 35 new courses.
AL - 3
CT - 2
DE - 10
DC - 2
GA - 6
IL - 1
KY - 13
MD - 56
MA - 5
NH - 2
NJ - 3
NY - 12
NC - 29
OH - 3
PA - 64
RI - 1
SC - 1
TN - 3
TX - 6
VT - 4
VA - 56
WV - 25

Next State I'm playing I'm not sure yet as it will be a trip, likely candidates in no order are FL, ME, IN, MI, MO.

Last edited:
Played 397 courses in 26 'states' so far, mostly just trying to course bag a state on any road trip to see family in TX, NM, NY & Canada. Other than that, I've worked on the 'radius' around home.
AL – 1
AR – 2
GA – 1
IL – 11
IN – 73
IA – 1
KS – 1
KY – 78
LA – 1
MI – 7
MN – 3
MS – 1
MO – 3
NM – 3
NY – 1
NC – 4
OH – 177
OK – 3
PA – 1
SC – 1
TN – 2
TX – 14
VA – 1
WV – 4
WI – 2
Ontario, Canada - 2
Probably have to bop over to MD sometime soon just to grab a new state, but dream of trips to the East Coast, New England, and of course, FL before getting more western states in.

I completed my 50th state which was Hawaii, just over 2 years ago, doing the mandatory Covid mask on the plane, but of course I had to take care of that necessary business. Many states (around 10) I have only played one course. These are the states that I'm doing well in. Oregon,221 Washington 188, Idaho 111, California 382, Montana 45, Nevada 33, Louisiana 31, Arizona 33, Texas 42, North Carolina 25, Colorado 38, Missouri 22. I have also bagged 44 in British Columbia, along with some in Iceland, a couple of Australia, one in Sweden and Denmark. The N countries have not been good to me, though I made strong efforts in Norway, New Zealand, and Netherlands, I just couldn't make it happen. As the weather improves I plan on adding to my totals in British Columbia, Washington, Oregon ,California, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, Utah and most likely somewhere else as the long warm days of Summer entice me to travel somewhere. Wish I had the time and funds to play em' all. I am Discbear, otherwise known as Mark "Bear" Judge. PS, a tip, never leave town without your disc's. Carry an emergency 2 or 3 in your car, at all times, just in case.

Florida-142
Georgia-11
Idaho-1
Illinois-15
Indiana-6
Iowa-2
Kentucky-4
Michigan-26
Missouri-1
Ohio-17
South Carolina-6
Tennessee-7
Virginia-1
Wyoming-1

Going to try and get West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and possibly NY and Wisconsin among others in 2024.

I completed my 50th state which was Hawaii, just over 2 years ago, doing the mandatory Covid mask on the plane, but of course I had to take care of that necessary business. Many states (around 10) I have only played one course. These are the states that I'm doing well in. Oregon,221 Washington 188, Idaho 111

Have we played before? I feel like we have. I'm the big goofy guy name Thomas who wears a Seattle Mariners hat. You're from Corvallis? Did you play Dion and Nate's Superclass tournament like 12 years ago? I swear I ran into you in Oregon or Washington somewhere.