• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How may brands in your bag

just innova and discraft

Focus
Hawk
Drone
TeeBird
Firebird
Sidewinder
Wraith
Destroyer
Boss

Discraft bag, innova strap

jubuttib said:
Sean40474 said:
Those of you that like Discmania should realize that it is Innova in Europe, it isn't a separate brand. From what I understand, DGA is a subsidiary of Discraft so I'm not sure if that really qualifies as a separate brand either (like GMC and Chevy).

Anyways, I'll throw whatever if it gets the job done and does what I need it to. I'm not brand loyal to the point I only use one. I honestly think that it is silly to do so as you're limiting your game an options. What benefit would a person be getting if they just limited themselves to one brand? I can see that if you're sponsored and their rule is that you can ONLY throw their brand. Gateway isn't like that, they can throw any other brand they want when they're sponsored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0TSuRXFd3A

To be topic relevant I have discs from Millennium, Discraft, Gateway, Innova/Discmania, DGA.
Discmania was supposed to be Innova Europe, but it didn't go that way. Innova Europe is an existing company that was established in 2009, Discmania was established in 2001 (CEO Jussi Meresmaa). I'm not denying they aren't heavily linked, hell, Jussi is plays in Innova's team, and Discmania's discs are built from Innova mold pieces, but they're still different companies. Discmania sold Discraft, D.G.A and Latitude products in Finland (still does in Germany) until a short while ago, I don't think they'd done that had they merely been Innova's European front. =)

I've seen video of Dave talking to Jussi about him heading the company for Innova in Europe. Also, every disc I've seen of Discmania says Innova discs on the bottom.

EpicLeopard1337 said:

Innova, Discraft, Quest
hahaha nice!!

eli said:
Whats with all the leopards?

Damson... you're the original... you better defend yo shit!!!!!!
Leopard said:
I like it. Y'all will always wonder if it's a silly post or if Leopard's messin with ya

go get em you silly leperds

AAAAND bag post

innova - omega ss, rhyno, qms, q-sentinel, leopards, qjls, teebird, tl, fb, solf/qolfs, sw, rr, katana
discraft driver - esp cyclone
gateway - magic, wizard

dgdave said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Innova, Destroyer/Roc
Discmania, CD/PD
Latitude 64, XXX
Gateway, Wizard

What happened to the Magnets?
they are takin a break due to boredom/heavy wind lately........i sure do miss em now that i think of it though, might be time to grab em back off the shelf :)

a lot
Innova - echo boss, 11x firebird, worn pro destroyer
Discraft - First run Buzz, z comet
Gateway - various wizards
Discmania - s,p,c pd's best disc ever
Vibram - medium VP- great windy approach disc/putter
Latitude 64 - Fuse (still being auditioned, but loving it)

A lot of brands, but a lot of great discs. Some of these choices are due to Discgolfreview, so thank you everyone!

Discraft

Z Predator
Z Avenger
Z Surge SS
ESP Cyclone
Z Buzzz
Z Buzzz SS
D Focus

Innova

Champion TeeBird

Gateway

E Demon
Medium Wizard

MVP (Can't say enough good things about the Ion)
Discraft

For me, I want to use the putters that feel the best and give me the best chance at every putt.
Mids, nod to Discraft bigtime. Not a Roc Hater, just never really cared for them.
Drivers, I imagine you could fill a bag from one of several companies. For a long time, I threw Innova drivers. Nothing wrong with them at all. Happened upon the Force and went from there. Occasionally miss a Star Wraith enough to throw one in a field.
KP

It's really starting to look like I'll be going with Gateway and Discmania only from this day on. The medium Wizard Timko sent me is a great disc, best disc for pitch putting I've used yet and overstable enough for all the courses I play at so I don't need the VP for anything. The beat up SS also holds a good anhyzer and flies pretty good on jump putts. I'm getting a free ION next month so we'll see what happens then.

I got a free S-TD from Discmania and thought it'd replace the Sidewinder from my bag, though at max weight it flies more like a CD than a Roadrunner. Hardly any turn (and I was turning Wraiths today) but not that much fade either. I need to get a lighter one.

I did however replace the Sidewinder with a Discmania product. The yellow 158g DGR P-PD I got is EXCELLENT for loooooooooooong anhyzers. Nice.

Latest posts