• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much does your bag weigh?

Husky22

Assuming that you play with a bag, set it up how you would for a serious round, and then jump on the scale. I always thought I traveled fairly light, and my bag is around 12 pounds without a water bottle or my phone and keys in it. Was kind of surprising.

175g x 18 discs == 3150g => 6.94456 lbs
Maybe another 6 lbs for the fade tourney, straps, and towel.
So 13lbs.

Never thought about weighing it...I'll have to break out the bathroom scales!

Barely over 8lbs WITH 10 discs, 1qt of water, bug spray & sunscreen. What are you guys lugging around?

My Caddy seems to think it weighs too much. He was guessing somewhere around 20 lbs. It never seemed that bad to me.

I spent last year trying to make my bag lighter and then this year I go and get the bag with the speakers in it. I lost a disc and probably gained 2 lbs.

It really doesn't matter what the bag weighs if you are in good enough shape to carry it or have a caddy to carry it for you. When I play on my own I bring along a stool to put the bag on so I am moving the bag less distance when I pick it up. All the little tricks to make it easier to carry everything you are going to need.

About 15 lbs although the last few times I've played, I just carried 3-5 discs.

The scales read 23 lbs!
Please note that my water bottle was full, my keys, cell phone, and all the extra stuff I carry was present.

What's your weight to disc ratio?
Bag weight including water (8lbs) / number of discs (10) = 0.8lbs/disc.

Now I understand why you 20+ disc folks have quad straps and have to bring a chair with you. :p

My bag doesn't weigh much at all however the two liters of Water really change that!

My fade tourney bag weighs aprox 10 pounds, probobly double that when its full of beers.

Too much. Too many discs and even with the appropriate number of beers, it then weighs even more.

Latest posts