• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much is the most you've paid for a disc?

Jimmy

Eagle Member
I bought a disc today, that I'm planning on throwing but may hold on to for a while. So far, this $50 disc is the most expensive disc I've purchased. What about you? Collector? Thrower? Regret it?

Only thrown and lost one collector disc. They weren't rare by any stretch at the time, but this was my first one, an 06 Augusta Champ Wraith. Lost it in the huge piles of debris that the city of Pasadena dumps on the 9th fairway at Oak Grove every January. I never saw it leave my hand and my friend wasn't looking at the time.

Most I've ever paid is about $20 for a Champ Gator and I throw it.

Great purchase, and I doubt that I will ever lose it considering the shots I use it for. And the fact that it is bright orange.

All of my other discs are in normal production and/or very cheap.

12€, which is the standard price for Star discs in Finland. I've done this very, very many times. And I love it!

I paid $30 for a Star Destroyer with a Star Destroyer dye on it from Marshall Street, but that was with a tourney payout that had to be spent there...that one just hangs on my wall for now, as the destroyers are shelved for the time being.

I just ordered a Star Baby Roc for $25, so that'd be the most I paid for one disc. And I have every intention of throwing it...mmm.. bright yellow..

A KC Pro Banshee X-out. 147 grams. $6.00.
Then I got poison ivy from head to toe while looking for it. I climbed up a tree for a different vantage point, hopped over a couple trees and then climbed down a tree that was slathered with ivy.
That's the highest price I paid.

But I found the disc.

Well, if you take my SOLS, and add the cost of having it custom dyed and shipped back and forth, I am looking at about $30-$35 for one disc.

Perhaps close to $20 if you count shipping and everything, but that would be a high estimate. In other words, normal to high price for a high end plastic disc.

I think I've paid around $15.00 for a disc. I lost two 8X Rocs, but that was back in '98-'99. I only paid $10.00 a piece for them, but they would be worth a lot more now If I had not thrown them.

$30 for a 2005 Glo Roc, when they came out. Then $25 for a lot of the USDGC rocs I own.

I'm shocked that I haven't seen anyone post higher numbers here. I know I've spent $40 on a few CE Valkyries. I ended up selling most of my CE discs for $40-60. I'm not a fan of dropping a lot of cash for one disc unless I know I can get about the same resale out of it if I don't end up keeping it.

I recently switched to all Discraft/DGA, and I'm liking the fact that they really don't have as many collector's discs at astronomical prices. Since switching to Discraft, I don't think I've paid over $20 for a disc. I wouldn't mind picking up a few Cam Todd Challengers however. I've seen them go for about $30 on ebay, and I thought they'd be there for a while, but alas, they're sold out everywhere now.

~$33 for a baby-blue 2nd run CE Valkyrie, rainbow stamp, BGO stamp, just gorgeous. I love those flat-top 2nd-run Valks.

I still have a fair amount of other old CE plastic sitting around, but would love to find a few more 2nd run valks if anyone has any they want to get rid of, feel free to PM me. :)

My favorite disc of all time was a barely translucent, red 2nd run CE Valk, which I lost trying to throw a massive flick-helix over a pond at Buffumville Dam in Massachusetts. :(

I think the real question I want to know is...how much is the most DGDave has spent on a golf disc? :p

The most I've paid was $20 and that was for a super roc that never earned a place in the bag. Everyone was swearing by them and that was the going price. What a crock. For the most part I rarely spend more than $10 for a disc.

I've sold a disc for $187 (2001 USDGC Roc) Sold several other rocs in the $40-60 range on eBay.

Back in 1991 I traded a used 86 mold to a guy for a pair of brand new pioneer car speakers. He was salivating over the 86 the entire round I played in his group. He goes on to win the speakers in a CTP contest and runs over to me to offer them up for my two year old, scratched up 86.

Done Deal!

$45 for a Glow Champ Japan Open TL. Its the only disc that is hanging on my wall that isn't there for sentimental value.

I have paid between 20-30 dollars for other various discs and right now I am contemplating buying one of those 06 glo champ rocs b/c I've wanted one forever and I will also get the DVD.

I have a few discs that I have paid some big $$$ for.

Clear Champion Xcaliber from dgdave....55
Clear 2007 Players Cup FLX Buzzz without a stamp.......50
Ghost 2006 Players cup Buzzz without a stamp.....45
Prototype Champion Destroyer with masters stamp.....50
Brand New CE Firebird FX....40
3 Used CE Firebirds.....30-40

I only bought these because i had the cash in my pocket.

It definatly beats buying an eighth of nug, smoking it all up and then having nothing to show for my $$$$$

20 USD plus tolls 3+% +22 % Finnish VAT + shipping=a lot. Two CFR Champion Teerex Xs at that price. In different colors and weights. Never regretted because these disc are fine and still in the bag. My main sidearm discs and out of the long discs not the longest but one of the most predictable. Standing by the comment of TRX being the long Teebird.