• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much is the most you've paid for a disc?

Working Stiff said:
I think the real question I want to know is...how much is the most DGDave has spent on a golf disc? :p

About 130 for a new 01 CE Roc when they started to get popular. I sold it a couple years later for 310 if I remember correctly. Only disc I paid more than 100 for. I've dropped 80-90 on a few pieces of plastic. try to keep it under 50. try is the key word.

$30 shipped, for this 8)

bag3to3.jpg

180g Star Ontario Roc with a badass INNcolor Stampjob.

I throw it and love it.

i've payed $25 for a cool looking full color tourney disc to hang on the wall and help out their club. other than that, in 2005 i bought 2 champion rocs.

Bobby12many said:
$30 shipped, for this 8)

bag3to3.jpg

180g Star Ontario Roc with a badass INNcolor Stampjob.

I throw it and love it.

That is pretty cool. I might drop 30 for that one but the wife might have something to say about it.

I paid 25 (I think) for the sparkle Rogue...entered me into a chance to win 18 baskets, and the money went to something I thought was cool at the time (can't remember what :D )

stoneman said:
I paid 25 (I think) for the sparkle Rogue...entered me into a chance to win 18 baskets, and the money went to something I thought was cool at the time (can't remember what :D )

How does the Sparkle feel compared to the Proline plastic on the Rogue?

My old proline Rogue is now reaching its stable maturity, and I looking to pick up another fresh one. And those Sparkle editions looks pretty gnarly.

Bobby12many said:
stoneman said:

My old proline Rogue is now reaching its stable maturity, and I looking to pick up another fresh one. And those Sparkle editions looks pretty gnarly.

Sorry, I couldn't say, as this is the first Rogue I've ever held. I just bought it for a chance to win 18 baskets...I know a place with about 80 acres of hilly, wooded terrain that would just make a KILLER DG course, and I think they'd go for it if someone donated the baskets. :D

I stopped throwing Rocs recently. Since then I've paid $50 for a White Ghost Stamped 2nd 1st Run Buzzz...more than I ever paid for a Roc. Weird, huh?

I also bought a $25 Sparkle Rogue for a chance to win an entire course provided by DGA.

Just yesterday I spent $46 on a crystal clear offset stamp champion xcaliber on ebay. That's officially the most I've spent on a disc now. I felt horrible but I have fantastic plans for this disc.

I paid $20 for Champ Teerex X and $20 for a Star Whippet X. I'm going to keep spending $20 for Star Whippets until Innova starts making Star Whippets in regular runs and not just as TFRs. Yeah I know, but I can dream can't I?

Past weekend bought a 2005 USDGC Champion Glow Roc 180 Grams for $60.00... half of which was winnings from the tourney I had just played in...

just bought a brand new first run destoryer for 25 so that would be my most expenceive thrower

Bobby12many said:
stoneman said:

I have both and found that the Sparkle flies the same lines as the Proline. Very interesting disc, it holds any line I tell it to fly. Annie or Hyzerboy this disc responds; I figure the Z will stay controlable longer, just based on the plastic, but the disc itself is a nice mid summer addition to the bag.

Maybe I'm the sucker, but I paid $100 for a milky twin collector roc last year with the gold stamp. Perhaps I overpaid, but it was the last one I needed for the complete "milky" twin roc set. (blue, black, red, & gold) and have only seen one other for sale since.