• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much would you pay for shipping?

if he just ships it in an envelope id be pissed for that price but for a box thats not bad. id find out before you buy.

on ebay i dont pay more than 20 bucks for everything all together so ill p.m. with a counter offer or ask if it can be shipped more slowly or cheaply.

Maybe I'm spoiled but why so much Internet buying?
Sadly, for a lot of people, the internet is the only place to find DG equipment.
:(

That being said, shipping fees that border on extortion can be a real deal breaker for me. The fewest amount of discs I've bought online in a single order was four. Most of the time it's at least ten.

As far as I'm concerned, if I can't get the shipping down below the point where it would cost me in sales tax if I bought the discs in a store, then its not worth it.

Of course, I find a way to make it worth it by buying more discs. I've even had discs shipped from in state disc vendors to my parents' house out of state to avoid sales tax.

Ok, so this may be a stupid question, but what is the most you have paid to get one disc shipped to you? I was just about to order yet another disc, and when I get to the checkout they want me to pay $6.49 to ship me one disc. The disc itself is only $15.00. Personally I think this is crazy. I have shipped plenty of discs and even with padded envelope never paid more than about $3.50 or so to ship, WTF? The main reason this pisses me off so much is that I have only been able to find this particular disc at this one place. Any opinions?

I would order it if I wanted it. I would probably order an extra disc that way the shipping doesn't sound so bad. That's what they want you to do anyway.

When it comes to discs, I had rather buy from a local store so I can really see what I am getting.

I try to be fair w/shipping costs - but also try and balance what is appropriate for the product being shipped. Really nice/expensive/collector discs, generally get shipped in a box - cost me $10.49 to ship 2 discs from MD to OR. UPS ground.

I advertised a bunch of discs on the marketplace a week ago, and had one person respond they thought $4 was a lot for shipping. Padded envelope from the p.o. $1.39, actual postage $2.41, paypal fee .71 - my actual cost $4.51, for one disc. Now we went out and bough a box of padded envelopes - so the u.p. on that will go down, and if I can get people to send paypal funds as a "gift", then those fees go away - but I don't see how you could get it down to $3 unless you send it fourth class mail or something.

But as to the O.P's original beef? Yeah $6.39 is pretty fat considering the store probably never has to go to the p.o. themselves.

I cant see why a store would charge that much. I ran into a thing kind of like that awhile back with huk lab, I wanted a patch that was 5 bucks and he wanted 5 for shipping which is dumb since you could just put it in an envelope. I got one from my friend Zenbot and didnt have to pay but for a stamp

A store is a legitimate business and they need to cover all of their time or their employees time. Add in postage of around $2 $ .50 for the bubble mailer, they are charging you $1 for packing time and tape and such. That isnt unfair, it is what it is and its up to you to determine what the disc is worth before bidding. Now $6.49 is high, but it is up to you to decide how much the disc is worth (S/H (includes insurance sometimes) + bid price) Some people on ebay do inflate their shipping prices but it is all up to you. Look at it as a total price shipping and bid price and if that is too much move on, someone will pay the extra money for something they really want. It is all consumer demand, and if the guy cannot sell it for that price, then he may lower it or just sell it in house. Keep in mind EBAY is a ripoff (not as a business, just that they charge so much, you are better off buying and selling elsewhere like craigslist and such) and they charge like 10% of sales. So he is charging $15 for a disc and getting $1.50 taken right off the top of that and he is recouping it in the shippng costs basically.

Just bid on ones you like the price and move on from others. SO many people do not understand what it means to run a legitimate business and where prices are formulated.

Last edited:
I advertised a bunch of discs on the marketplace a week ago, and had one person respond they thought $4 was a lot for shipping. Padded envelope from the p.o. $1.39, actual postage $2.41, paypal fee .71 - my actual cost $4.51, for one disc. Now we went out and bough a box of padded envelopes - so the u.p. on that will go down, and if I can get people to send paypal funds as a "gift", then those fees go away - but I don't see how you could get it down to $3 unless you send it fourth class mail or something.

But as to the O.P's original beef? Yeah $6.39 is pretty fat considering the store probably never has to go to the p.o. themselves.

I did not know that paypal did not charge if the payment was sent as a gift, thanks for the tip, I will do this with all my future payments. I don't think 3-4 dollars is too bad for shipping one disc, especially on a person to person basis, because in most cases you do have to go get the envelopes or whatever and pay the postage and go to the post office. But like you said, a store does most likely does not have to go to the P.O. themselves. I usually spend around $3.50 to ship. $2.50 for postage, .99 cents for a bubble sender (there are much cheaper places than the post office, and a lot of them you can also send the package from.

Latest posts