• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much would you pay for shipping?

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Ok, so this may be a stupid question, but what is the most you have paid to get one disc shipped to you? I was just about to order yet another disc, and when I get to the checkout they want me to pay $6.49 to ship me one disc. The disc itself is only $15.00. Personally I think this is crazy. I have shipped plenty of discs and even with padded envelope never paid more than about $3.50 or so to ship, WTF? The main reason this pisses me off so much is that I have only been able to find this particular disc at this one place. Any opinions?

That's pretty riduculous, I definitely wouldn't pay that much for one disc. A handful maybe, but not just one.

It depends on the price of the disc and also if they include insurance and all of that. Alot of guys on ebay charge more for shipping but less on the disc because ebay only can take their fees out of the "sell" price and not the shipping. Also some charge a little for the time and gas money to the post office

Last edited:
It depends on the price of the disc and also if they include insurance and all of that. Alot of guys on ebay charge more for shipping but less on the disc because ebay only can take their fees out of the "sell" price and not the shipping.

This is actually from a disc golf store, thats another reason it surprised me so much, and the disc is only $15. I would maybe expect that from someone on ebay or just a person selling a disc, but a business that deals online and in store that probably ships multiple discs per week is kind of ridiculous. I don't know if they included insurance or not. I am going to send them an email and find out what the deal is.

There may be a little cost associated with shipping but $6.49? That is a little heavy. Here is a thought. If the person said, I will sell you the disc for $18.49 and will ship it for $3.00, would you have done it? If so then just bite the bullet and try to forget about it. If not, try to negotiate. If that doesn't work... well I don't know what to tell you.

I agree though, $6.49 to ship? That is a little sketchy and almost offensive.

This is actually from a disc golf store, thats another reason it surprised me so much, and the disc is only $15. I would maybe expect that from someone on ebay or just a person selling a disc, but a business that deals online and in store that probably ships multiple discs per week is kind of ridiculous. I don't know if they included insurance or not. I am going to send them an email and find out what the deal is.

Then I dont know. I charge 6.50 on my ebay account on just about anything except high dollar stuff, but that includes a insurance and delivery confirmation and all that stuff, plus the time and effort. With that in mind that might be high but I also dont sell just regular stuff or sell alot of it.

I cant see why a store would charge that much. I ran into a thing kind of like that awhile back with huk lab, I wanted a patch that was 5 bucks and he wanted 5 for shipping which is dumb since you could just put it in an envelope. I got one from my friend Zenbot and didnt have to pay but for a stamp

I guess they use priority mail, "if it fits it ships". Seems like over kill to me because I don't think that priority mail comes with insurance or delivery confirmation, however I could be wrong there. I haven't looked in to it too much.

I cant see why a store would charge that much. I ran into a thing kind of like that awhile back with huk lab, I wanted a patch that was 5 bucks and he wanted 5 for shipping which is dumb since you could just put it in an envelope. I got one from my friend Zenbot and didnt have to pay but for a stamp

Thats what I am saying, they put it in those priority mail boxes that are overkill, just buy a 99 cent padded envelope and charge me the 2.50 it costs to send it. They want to practically double the actually cost.

I guess they use priority mail, "if it fits it ships". Seems like over kill to me because I don't think that priority mail comes with insurance or delivery confirmation, however I could be wrong there. I haven't looked in to it too much.

That is not the "if it fits it ships" that is the flat rate which the cheapest is like 10 bucks. Thats what I use if I ship more then 2 discs because its cheaper that way.

Thats what I am saying, they put it in those priority mail boxes that are overkill, just buy a 99 cent padded envelope and charge me the 2.50 it costs to send it. They want to practically double the actually cost.

I dont use padded envelopes because I have had many discs shipped to me in envelopes that say do not bend, etc and the mail person doesnt care and folds it into the mailbox anyways. I always ship plastic in a box because it makes you and me happy and we dont get bent a$$ plastic.

I bought 4 discs from discgolfcenter a couple weeks ago, They ranged in price from 6.99 to 8.99 and always free shipping. 6.50 shipping is rediculous for 1 disc, I might do 6.50 shipping on 5-6 discs., ive actually held off buying a katana becouse an alternate site wants 3$ to ship it and discgolfcenter dosent have any katanas. Shipping is a scam, and I hate the post office, theyre rude douchebags, they know you need them so they dont give a crap about service.

Yup, they want you to blow 40 bucks first, then they'll treat you with a little respect. lol

I placed an order with Discraft (www.sportdiscs.com) and the charge for one disc was $13.65. The charge for 3 discs was also $13.65, so I guess buying more is better :)

Soooo I guess as far as this thread goes, "I would pay $13.65 for shipping." Even though I don't like paying that much for it.

If it's SunKing Discs, they charge a lot for shipping, but I believe the S&H is the same whether you buy one or many. It just doesn't pay to buy only one disc. A few stores do this. I just wait until I'm ready to buy more than one disc.
The other thing is that SunKing ships Priority, no matter what. They'll ship one disc in a box that could hold 5 or 10.
I tried to order a disc from DGA through the Amazon sight and they were going to charge $9 for S&H. I'd love to get the disc, but I won't pay $18+ for it.

It's not SunKing Discs, but this place has the same deal now that I investigate more, anything under 39 is 6.49 to ship, and anything over is free. I guess I will just wait until I want a couple more discs, probably will only be a couple days anyway.

$6 for shipping one disc is actually losing money if its UPS or Fedex. Its more like twice that even with UPS business account. USPS is much cheaper, but most businesses stick to one shipping method for efficiency sake and the tracking is much better with the more expensive service which is often worth it.

Maybe I'm spoiled but why so much Internet buying? The only discs I buy online are special discs that I'm not really concerned about price or on here.

Most of the discs that I throw are unfortunately hard to find. A lot of them are OOP, KC Pro Gazelles, CE Valks and Leopards. The disc I am referring to here is a protostar cheetah with the Poga misprint, white with blue stamp. This is the first disc that I ever bought and my old roommate took it without my permission and I never saw it again.

Latest posts