• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How often do you buy a new disc?

I bought maybe 4 or 5 all this year until an order of 6 from marshall street this week. I will be going down to Charlotte and staying near Elon with my 8 and 9 year old so i bought 130 class dx rocs and leopards for them to play the short course with me over thanksgiving vacation :)

used to be all the time, and it was never only 1, but now all my new discs are either parts of players packs, winnings from tournaments leagues etc., or the occasional trade.

the flood of new molds this year has overstimulated my taste for new plastic. I've purchased 3 different molds outside of those I had bagged (teebird3, sorcerer, hurricane) and they all stuck. There isn't much else I want to try.

Usually more than one at a time. Sometimes it's something new that I want to try, but mostly it's to replace things I've lost or I want a back up or two.

For the first few years I was buying a lot more than I do now. And that explains why I have close to 200 lying around collecting dust.

A couple a year.

I started playing tournaments almost 20 years ago and, due to a skill deficiency, am a Lifelong Am. So my stock gets replenished with players packs and prize payouts. Around here, the norm is for both to be paid in vouchers, so I can get what I want. I'm not so passionate about any manufacturers or models that the selection bothers me.

Every once in a while I lose a vital disc before an upcoming tournament, or during a tournament, and have to buy a replacement.

I've spent $956.36 at DGC since February of 2011. Yeah, I tend to buy a few discs every couple of months. Might be a problem. Still, cheaper than being married. I've changed molds a lot over the years and that has something to do with it. This might be denial talking but I'm pretty sure I've got everything I need. Oh wait I've been wanting an ESP Comet and I need a new Champion Destroyer. Damn, there goes another $30.

I buy whenever i need to fill a hole in my bag or something new comes out that seems like it might help my game out.

5-10 most years, but I also lose and trade others in, so a net gain of 5 a year. Not counting the ones people have given me as gifts.

I've probably bought, on average, 2-3 a month since this past summer. Stated buying, selling, and trading on the Marketplace here and all self restraint and rationality went out the window. I may have a problem.

I've spent $956.36 at DGC since February of 2011. Yeah, I tend to buy a few discs every couple of months. Might be a problem. Still, cheaper than being married.

:rolleyes:

That made me laugh out loud! To answer the OP, too many. I've started to do some custom dyes for people in an attempt to use my design skills while thinning the collection and (hopefully) making some money on the side.

I've got a new place now with enough room for a putting area and a few discs are on the walls. When you walk in, the bulk of my collection is close to the front door. I'm a bit concerned about bringing ladies over as they'll be hit with the bulk of my disc golf collection immediately. If she can deal with a mild to moderate disc golf obsession, she might be dateable. If she can make it through a round with me on a snow-covered course, she might be a keeper!

:rolleyes:

That made me laugh out loud! To answer the OP, too many. I've started to do some custom dyes for people in an attempt to use my design skills while thinning the collection and (hopefully) making some money on the side.

I've got a new place now with enough room for a putting area and a few discs are on the walls. When you walk in, the bulk of my collection is close to the front door. I'm a bit concerned about bringing ladies over as they'll be hit with the bulk of my disc golf collection immediately. If she can deal with a mild to moderate disc golf obsession, she might be dateable. If she can make it through a round with me on a snow-covered course, she might be a keeper!

I was already married when i picked up disc golf or i would probably still be single. My wife saw the amount of disc i had the other day and said are you effin serious. I didn't have an answer.

I was told in no uncertain terms that they will never be hanging on any walls

Too often is also how often i buy a disc. Between bought and won in tourneys i have more than i will ever need. Too lazy for ebay, i have backups for backups for backups.

Is 40 wizards too many?

I was already married when i picked up disc golf or i would probably still be single. My wife saw the amount of disc i had the other day and said are you effin serious. I didn't have an answer.

I was told in no uncertain terms that they will never be hanging on any walls

Too often is also how often i buy a disc. Between bought and won in tourneys i have more than i will ever need. Too lazy for ebay, i have backups for backups for backups.

Is 40 wizards too many?

Lol I feel the opposite. Thankfully my current girlfriend knew what she was in for from the get go. I feel bad for any women that would have to see the obsession take hold of someone after they were already together.

And no, 40 wizards is NOT too many.

I buy discs every paycheck (so every 2 weeks). Sometimes a lot, sometimes just one or two. The Marketplace here is pretty much the most evil thing ever on my bank account. I'm picky about paying retail price for new manufacture stock discs. Used, unique, or OOP on here though? Totally different ball game.

More than I should, but not as many as I would like...

I've been playing about 2 years, and I have accumulated about 125 discs. 25 are putters, I keep a lot of putters for practice, mostly Discraft Challengers.

I use eBay when looking for a specific disc to replace one I left on a course or threw in the water and was not willing to go in after it. I also buy the Misprint Packs from Dynamic Discs, you don't get to choose what you get, but for $7.50 a disc, you can't beat it....they have a 20 pack of Westside, Lat 64, and Dynamic Discs misprints for $150.... and I've come across some discs that I really like but would not necessarily have purchased for full retail....I really like a lot of Westside's Discs....good plastic, nice feel....the Westside Northman especially....been throwing a misprint Westside King, lately....

I picked up a few more discs a couple of weeks ago at the IDGC proshop in Georgia and a new GStar Roc 3 at the Hippodrome complex in North Augusta, SC.....both complexes have wicked nice proshops....Killer B's at the Hippodrome, is especially nice, with a vast selection and a driving range for discers.....

so with all that being said, I buy in waves, an average would be about 5 to 6 a month....it can be an obsession if you let it......

Binky

Really depends on the day; I'm still pretty new so I like trying out new discs. I still don't have all the slots in the bag filled like I wish I did, so I've been focusing on getting discs to try out, so I'd guess I buy maybe two or three a month or so. However, once everything gets settled out in the bag, that'll probably drop down to one or two as new discs come out from the manufacturers.

I'm down to 4-5 per year; replacing discs as I lose them. Heck, last time I lost a Comet I grabbed a Stratus I've had forever.

I feel a lot better about myself after reading these comments. Seems I am not any crazier than most of you guys. I started playing a little over a year ago and I have about 60 total. I usually buy when I see something I like and think the price is fair. I've got about 20 on the wall and probably 15 or 16 in the back. The rest are in the closet and I"ll switch out every so often to try something different. And yes my wife thinks I have too many. I have been planning on selling a few, just can't bring myself to do it. LOL

Easy answer - too often. It does seem to come in waves of madness.

OK, 40 wizards made me feel a little better. ..

Mach lite basket, Flak3 bag and about 130 discs since the first time I threw a disc on April 20, 2014.

Maybe I shouldn't be comforted....